How busy is your local GA airport?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SDF2BUF2MCO said:
Can anyone guess the busiest Class D airport in the US (as far as aircraft movements)? It is ranked 25th in the world as far as number of movements.

I'd have to guess KTEB....I swear I must have spent 2 hours sitting in line to get out of their in a Bonanza one hot, humid July afternoon. Although KAPA is pretty busy too.........

And Minitour your money is as good as in the bank for DFW. If one of those old warhorses at AirMan (BTW is Brenda still there??)will make it to DFW, head over there about 4 am and they'll **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** near give you the run of the place :) It seems like after 2 am most of the airline flying is pretty much done for the night so it's just you and the freight dogs..............

One of the major flight schools, UND, Riddle, or Purdue??
SDF2BUF2MCO said:
Can anyone guess the busiest Class D airport in the US (as far as aircraft movements)? It is ranked 25th in the world as far as number of movements.

According to stats published in ATW magazine, it is SFB (Sanford) just north of Orlando. I don't have the numbers in front of me but the last two years they have been ranked around number 25 in regards to aircraft movements. It is interesting to read through the list and see the usual airports, ORD, ATL, DFW, etc. then there's SFB in the mix.

SFB is home to Comair/Delta Connection academy so that's a huge piece. Then they also have commercial (mostly foreign airlines) plus the usual GA stuff. So on a typical day you'll see a 767, C172, DC9, and a seminole all waiting in line together.

SFB will be "upgrading" to Class C in the near future.

Sanford is ranked #21 in 2004 ..

check out the link i posted.

edit: odd... airnav says sanford only has 374/day - that can't be right :/

Last edited:
BankAccount=0$ said:
And Minitour your money is as good as in the bank for DFW. If one of those old warhorses at AirMan (BTW is Brenda still there??)will make it to DFW, head over there about 4 am and they'll **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** near give you the run of the place :) It seems like after 2 am most of the airline flying is pretty much done for the night so it's just you and the freight dogs..............

hell man...now that I don't have to, I won't take one of those planes out of the local practice area...had to abort two takeoffs on touch and gos about two weeks ago b/c the engine quit...radios are out on half of the fleet...

Besides, I don't really function except for maybe 11am - 5pm...so I'd have to hit it in the middle of the day. There's a FBO down the ramp that has some pretty pimped out 172s from what I hear...

I'm still willing to bet the landing fee I could get in there though...any good golf courses in the DFW area?

-mini

minitour said:
...had to abort two takeoffs on touch and gos about two weeks ago b/c the engine quit...

-mini

Jeez mini, ever thought about renting from a different company?

qmaster3 said:
Jeez mini, ever thought about renting from a different company?

LOL

Some of these are amazing.

Of course the problem was an easy fix. It was my fault. I had the mixture at full rich and you don't want that when its 20 degrees (F) out...you lean for taxi and takeoff...my bad :rolleyes:

After the second time I said that was enough...I think tower was glad I made that call...

If anyone was in the Citation behind us the first time, I'm sorry!
Would have called it a day there and then, but the instructor decided to try one more time.

-mini

Latest resources

Back