• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask a former RTA pilot how the transition was to Flops. It won't take the Flex Jet pilots very long to join the 1108.

I mentioned this transition was going to happen months ago and got flamed by Flex pilots. Welcome to Directional / Flops. Now get ready to bend over.

I assume when Flex comes on property, they will be under the same work rules which also includes pay and benefits. To answer some questions I have seen asked, Flight Options pilots get 24 days a year vacation with no sick days. If you are sick, it comes out of your vacation bank. We have a 401K program, BUT there is no 401K match. You have one of three schedules, a 7/7, 8/7 or 18 day flex. On the 18 day flex, the extra two days you may or may not be used, and if you are not, you do not get paid for the extra two days. The 8/7 is the default schedule and you have to bid and have the seniority to get the 7/7. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Good scoop...don't like these types of teases, but you delivered the goods.

There's more. Another significant charter/fractional announcement tomorrow and another likely next week. This ride hasn't come to a complete and full stop yet.

Ask a former RTA pilot how the transition was to Flops. It won't take the Flex Jet pilots very long to join the 1108.

I mentioned this transition was going to happen months ago and got flamed by Flex pilots. Welcome to Directional / Flops. Now get ready to bend over.

I'm already feeling the love.

There's more. Another significant charter/fractional announcement tomorrow and another likely next week. This ride hasn't come to a complete and full stop yet.

Shares merge and a Wheels Up partnership? Just guessing, am I warm?

I assume when Flex comes on property, they will be under the same work rules which also includes pay and benefits. To answer some questions I have seen asked, Flight Options pilots get 24 days a year vacation with no sick days. If you are sick, it comes out of your vacation bank. We have a 401K program, BUT there is no 401K match. You have one of three schedules, a 7/7, 8/7 or 18 day flex. On the 18 day flex, the extra two days you may or may not be used, and if you are not, you do not get paid for the extra two days. The 8/7 is the default schedule and you have to bid and have the seniority to get the 7/7. Hope this helps

Screw that.

It's Citation Shares. They are also being bought by Directional Aviation Capital.

Or maybe just the assets, we'll see. Wonder what the 3rd act might be? Anyone hear any XO rumors? I don't think anyone would buy those Avantis.

Congrats to Flex if it means growth and jobs! It's nice to hear that the fractional industry isn't quite imploding yet.

BUT....Good luck selling all those planes with a tight market still. Over at NJA to scare us lowly pilots into concessions (never will happen), we are being told that selling fractional shares are getting more and more difficult and that we are getting our ears boxed in by XOJet and tiny mom and pop charter companies. But if I take a pay cut, all will be better. But it's strange how all our new planes rolling in are all sold out well in advance. Hmmm.......

Ok, back to Flex....good luck and hope all goes well.

Latest resources

Back