• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question. How many pilots are on the FLOPS senority list and how many are furloughed. What's the DOH of the senior furloughee?

Thanks

If the RUMORS are true, it sounds like another section of a once proud industry, is about to bend over and take it up the gazooo....

When are you guys going to start fighting?

Someday you'll wake up when you are 80, and still flying because you can't afford to retire, and you'll be asking yourself, was it worth not ever seeing my family, just to make it better for the uber wealthy...,,

I hope I'm completely wrong of course, but I doubt it....

That is the most intelligent post I've read on this nonsense board in ten years. 190+ days a year away from our families for a pittance of a professional pilots salary all while taking on huge risks flying into short strips and uncontrolled airports. Kenneth Ricci, the man's a saint what can I say? He so concerned about our brothers on furlough he refuses to pay an honest salary or contribute to our 401's. He will chew you all up and spit you out like yesterdays garbage. The 1108 couldn't have fU(*$)#&W*()$ this up any worse if they tried. Ricci is the scourge of corporate aviation. Get ready for the race to the bottom.

I am sure this will all work itself out to the satisfactions of both pilot groups and be a positive development.

I honestly don't think that Kenn plans to stick it to the options pilots since the good will in the current relations between the pilots and management can turn sour very quickly well before the next round of negotiations begin on the next contract. If the company is following the letter of the agreement and not the sprit in which it was made it can cause unwarranted tensions that can have a negative affect on the whole operation.

I hope you're right, and that this is an opportunity to bring the Options group up closer to industry standard, instead of seeing the Flex pilots pulled down. But my experience with human nature, and the company's announcement about keeping the companies separate, tells me otherwise. I do hope I'm wrong, then both groups can come together and make a better company. Anyway, we should be united against the real enemy

- the Judean People's Front!

That is the most intelligent post I've read on this nonsense board in ten years. 190+ days a year away from our families for a pittance of a professional pilots salary all while taking on huge risks flying into short strips and uncontrolled airports. Kenneth Ricci, the man's a saint what can I say? He so concerned about our brothers on furlough he refuses to pay an honest salary or contribute to our 401's. He will chew you all up and spit you out like yesterdays garbage. The 1108 couldn't have fU(*$)#&W*()$ this up any worse if they tried. Ricci is the scourge of corporate aviation. Get ready for the race to the bottom.

True dat

Breaking News

Is this the next big industry announcement:

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...-06/vistajet-moves-us-jet-aviation-and-wheels

Interesting... VistaJet has a huge order for new Globals. Probably some good job opportunities so long as the pay is better than what they pay their European pilots (pi$$ poor). Would all Global pilots be based in NYC?

I like the Wheels Up tie-in. They get to piggy-back on Vistajet's huge investment. Wow - we will see a lot of new Globals on the ramp in the next few years: VistaJet Europe, VistaJet/Jet Aviation, Netjets/Netjets Europe and probably Flexjet. Would love to see more G650s in the charter market too... :cool:

Here is Vistajet's website:

Www.vistajet.com

Last edited:

Do us all a favor, when your phone rings asking if you want to return, say no. Please say NO!

Regarding Jet Solutions, Bombardier is selling its 49% share to Dennis Keith, so Jet Solutions will be wholly owned by Keith. My understanding is that Jet Solutions will be kept during the transition and then Directional/Flexjet will eventually re-evaluate this relationship. Directional isn't a foreign owner, so there's no need under U.S. regulations for a two-tier structure like this. But it might be required to adhere to the Flight Options pilot contract.

Keep it in perspective fellas. At least you've still got jobs. Enjoy our former Owners. You're welcome.

You're welcome for the hundreds of former owners who came from netjets and were lured away by cheaper prices. I'm sure many of the current 495 thank you as well.

It's interesting to see all this news about growth and positive(?) mergers and partnerships in the fractional and 135 industry.

I'm waiting for some other big news saying that NJA, the industry leader in fractional ownership, fails due to the lack of leadership and innovation. It sucks when you have an EMT focusing on the destruction of its pilots and employees rather than focusing on the future and growth of the company.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back