• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hmmmmmn!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No worries, I'm 38, but I think the wave is too late for me as well.

I wouldn't say so flyboyike! The 6 year difference in age between us could make a big difference. If you can catch this wave at the very beginning you will have about 25 years to invest. The question then will be how fast will you rise in the seniority list and can you miss the furloughs that we all know will one day again happen. For me it's stay and continue to fight to make my current job better.

Last edited:
That's funny. I work at one of the most highly regarded airlines in the world, and I don't have a college degree. I believe that a college degree is absolutely meaningless WRT being a professional pilot. One of the greatest fleecings ever conjured in this world is the private university four year degree here in the US. I hope my children become plumbers or electricians, instead of spending 120k to be a barrista at Starbucks. The younger generation in this world is screwed by their seniors. No other way to put it.

Box

My friend went to Cathy and has a four year. He almost washed out of training. His class mate was a Air Force Academy grad. The Air Force dude washed out of training. This was some time ago. I have heard Cathy's training can be difficult.

Makes for a more "well-rounded" individual, at least in the eyes of the HR folks. It's not debatable, sorry.

Yea, but HR people are not professional pilots, and have no clue about flying. Now that is not debatable.

I understand your comment about well-rounded.

Entrepreneurs don't rely on someone else to believe in their ability or dedication. Entrepreneurs have nothing to prove to others since they are self starters that rely on themselves for talent and innovation. If you are an entrepreneur pilot you would be starting your own airline, not relying on a hiring board to access your skills and abilities. I'm not trying to "look down on others." I am simply stating that possessing the requisite skills to obtain a degree is a highly sought after accomplishment when selecting a new hire that may not necessarily use any of those university learned skills while carrying out the duties that a candidate was hired for.

I understand.:)

My friend went to Cathy and has a four year. He almost washed out of training. His class mate was a Air Force Academy grad. The Air Force dude washed out of training. This was some time ago. I have heard Cathy's training can be difficult.

Cathay's CHECKING dept is like nothing else I have ever experienced in professional aviation. It has ground up some very good pilots through the years. One of the reasons I'm interested in going elsewhere, with a bit better culture.

box

No worries, I'm 38, but I think the wave is too late for me as well.

Oh come on Ike, stop the sad talk. There were guys in my class way back in the 90s that were 47 years old. You can do it...... Go watch Waterboy the movie for encouragement. "You can do it......!!!" The three legacies will retire 15,000 pilots total in the next ten years too. That always helps. Big retirements haven't really started yet, but they will.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This message is hidden because General Lee is on your ignore list.

Oh come on Ike, stop the sad talk. There were guys in my class way back in the 90s that were 47 years old. You can do it...... Go watch Waterboy the movie for encouragement. "You can do it......!!!" The three legacies will retire 15,000 pilots total in the next ten years too. That always helps. Big retirements haven't really started yet, but they will.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sad talk would be "woe is me, the airlines are mean to me, my life sucks". I'm just being realistic.

Who is Cathy and why is she doing these things to your friends ? Is this one of those strange sex games that involve washing and training ?

Please let me know. I have a friend who may be interested.

Latest resources

Back