Hmmmmmn!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Howard,

Thanks for the clarification but I'll once again have to say where I am at it's a boys club. I have tried, went through their little dance only to get tossed in favor of a friend of a friend. Once again connections, connections but I hear you.

There used to be some espirt de corp (or whatever that's called) that we shared amongst each other, but that's long gone since age 65 (among other things) has meant open season on the next guy in line for guys over 60.

Esprit de corps. I'm not sure there was ever any.

Kidd,

You didn't gain any useful connections during all this gas pumping, instructing, college, and flying experience??

But the problem isn't you?

I don't know you so that's just an honest question-
Though I'm none too pleased with boomers poaching our career for themselves with 65 and outsourcing, there are a lot that have ridden the same waves my man and it did work out...

Kidd,

You didn't gain any useful connections during all this gas pumping, instructing, college, and flying experience??

Though I'm none too pleased with boomers poaching our career for themselves with 65 and outsourcing, there are a lot that have ridden the same waves my man and it did work out...

I can't speak for Kidd, but connections are all well and good when there are jobs for those connections to get you. Not so much when there aren't.

If you had a Bachelors Degree you would understand why it should be required.

LOL....

It's not just about the education; it's about showing dedication and busting your butt for 4 years straight to accomplish something that is considered "huge" in our society.

The only thing huge about a 4 year degree is the cost and debt you're likely to incur. In some fields, it is a necessary requirement. Flying airplanes is not one of them.

It's not a $ thing. There are 2 things in life that people will never regret spending money on: Their Kids and their University Degree.

There are a lot more things I will never regret spending money on than just these 2 examples.

Kidd,

I like how we assume and cast stones here. I did not have connections because all of my peers were in the same boat and the ones who did achieve the majors all did PFT. I for one was never going to do that because I was too busy busting my hump to pay for the oh so important college degree this thread is about which by the way is not aviation related. You also have to take into account area. I didn't live in an area that is popular. Most of the guys I knew left amd never came back and they cut ties. This is a cut throat business. I got mine screw you! The one connection I had at American who truly could have done something was all talk and no action. When it came to time put up his response was I used my one favor after years of telling me I'll get you in the door. Complete BS. Some have the luck others don't. I didn't and no I don't feel sorry for myself but I will say many of us, the vast majority of us in our forties never made because the number of jobs was not there. The wave is too late for us.

Last edited:
It really isn't all that hard to go to college and graduate.

Jesus, just get it done and stop whining.

If you didn't get it done, that's your fault, so stop whining.

It's not rocket science.

Questions?

Last edited:
I didn't and no I don't feel sorry for myself but I will say many of us, the vast majority of us in our forties never made because the number of jobs was not there. The wave is too late for us.

No worries, I'm 38, but I think the wave is too late for me as well.

Latest resources

Back