• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Heres Whats Happening At Nj Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm thinking that the NJA pilots could perhaps do something like that, on behalf of their fellow pilots (potential NJA brothers/sisters) out there left in the dark. If I were there and heard about this stuff going on, I certainly would. Perhaps the new union could look into it...
3 mo. now since the interview for me.

Right. I will get right on that. I am sure they would love to hear from me telling them how they should be doing their job.
The process sucks. Nothing can be done to change that. Sorry.

BTW, the Union is helping to change the hiring process. For what that is worth.

In this day and age a paper app is downright ridiculous. Plain and simple. That's certainly what I was thinking as I was filling the damn thing out, wasting all my time with Adobe trying to get the text perfectly in the boxes, etc. Then I thought about the recruiters drowning in paper trying to pick the most qualified guys out of a stack ten feet tall and it seemed even more ridiculous. We may never know what happened with this shakeup but hopefully it will result in NJ pilot HR getting zapped into the 21st century.

Hi!

My buddy at NJA says that by about Nov they will change to a 100% online application process.

cliff
YIP

atpcliff,

This is true.

And for everyone about to apply, or that has already applied: When we make the transition, ALL the current apps will be flushed.

Let me repeat that: ALL THE CURRENT APPS WILL BE FLUSHED!

If you've applied, you will NO LONGER HAVE AN APPLICATION ON FILE!

I truly hope that NJA's hiring department will send out notices to everyone that's applied to let them know they will have to reapply electronically. But I wouldn't hold my breath about that.

After November, just plan on reapplying electronically.

Hi!

My buddy at NJA says that by about Nov they will change to a 100% online application process.

cliff
YIP

Yes. This is to get people conditioned to use CONCUR.

We have a lot of people complaining about having to do expense reports online If we make the paper job application so tedious ... they will be nothing but thankful that expense reports are paperless.

Last edited:
To hit the question about whether you can get the plane you are typed in, one guy in my class got the same plane he had flown at CS. However, he went through the same training as the rest of us. Only diff was he did not have to give up his certificate for the check. Same check though,

I am sure this is going to prove to be an ignorant question, but what you you mean by "give up his certificate for the check"?

When you take a type rating check, you give the examiner your ATP. After the check, he either gives you a temp with the new rating included or a pink slip meaning your ATP is in limbo until you pass a check. Not having ever gotten the latter, I think that is how it works.

Latest resources

Back