• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Heres Whats Happening At Nj Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to disagree with you being a poolie myself, but during the interview, they specifically said that if you have a type in something they try to put you in the same equipment. This came up when we asked how the decide who goes in what airplane. This was during lunch with Derinda and all the Big Wigs that stopped to say hi.

Don't disagree with him, he has been around for a while and has seen it happen time and time again. To re-iterate Flylow's point, they usually never place you in an aircraft you are typed in. Now, there are some cases where this has happened, but usually not. I do know that if you are typed in an aircraft NJA flies, it will benefit you.

Thanks. I was at another Frac when I flew these airplanes, so hopefully they'll see (next time) that it was somewhat standardized.

The Frac experience, in general, is great to have.

The experience and training you have had in a certain type of plane? Not so much when it comes to placing you in a certain type of aircraft initial.

Interesting. I would have thought that with a large portion of people doing training at FSI facilities and NJA doing the same....there would not be a whole lot of differences.

Basically, FSI gets you the type (using NJA SOPs and procedures).

NJA training takes it from there after you are typed and "fixes the glitches" with aircraft familiarization flying and IOE.

It's changed now but in years past, following the FSI check ride, we'd get 3 flights in the real plane and another check ride (in the plane).

Lot's of fun... glad it changed.

you obviously don't work for netjets.

I never said I did. The point is nobody can deny the fact that this hiring process has been mismanaged. To give someone the "unofficial" you got the job and then leave them hanging for months only to send an email that says, "your credentials are still being evaluated with those of others....blah, blah, blah" is wrong. It just seems like there must be a better way to conduct the process. Maybe it should start with forecasting the Flight Safety slots.

It just seems like there must be a better way to conduct the process. Maybe it should start with forecasting the Flight Safety slots.

Whoever said that NetJets actively planned to hire MORE than 450 this year?

Would NJA like to? Sure. Plan on it? Ummm, I never heard that.

In fact, the number fluctuates throughout the year I'm sure based on simulator availability. 300-500 has been the number I heard all year. 300-500 indefinitely is what I heard repeatedly.

450 falls within those parameters.

tatin i said it tounge in cheek there are a lot of things that we do that just don't make sense. I don't ask questions just smile because tomorrow it will change.

Derinda is gone. I mean no longer employed with NJA. I find this a bit upsetting that the person who was either directly or indirectly responsible for hiring 2/3 of NJA pilots was simply let go. I don't have the details while speculation and rumors abound. I won't add to the conjecture. However, I do find these events unsettling.:confused:

Hi.

THAT is pretty freaky! She was a VERY important part of the hiring process, and did it for a long time. Unless she left on her own, it seems very odd.

I have heard they are changing the process a lot...for example the application will be 100% online by the end of the year...no paper at all.

I would like to here what NJW has to say:

cliff
MCI

Last edited:
tatin i said it tounge in cheek there are a lot of things that we do that just don't make sense. I don't ask questions just smile because tomorrow it will change.

I do understand what you are saying Diesel. It just seems like the hiring process has been mismanaged. We all know this industry is insane and you really can't count on anything. However, they had a huge pool at Southwest for nearly a year. First of all, everybody knew they were actually in a pool. They gave them official notification of that. Next, they kept those people up to date on how the pool was looking. (i.e. when they could expect to start -- fall, summer, etc). When things changed they called people back to say, look, you are going to be in the pool longer than we thought. Stay patient and get a temporary job if you need to. They simply treated their poolies with respect and kept them in the know as best they could.

I've seen NetJets compared to Southwest several times on this forum. They certainly don't hold a candle in this area. Hopefully the changes they've made in hiring over the past month will allow a process that is more fair to the interviewees that waited months and in some cases over a year just to get their foot in the door. The back and forth/ waiting 2-3 months to get the "you're hired" word is just crazy and unprofessional.

I see what you're saying but nj is not southwest for a variety of reasons. Most of those reasons I am happy for.

But you're right things are screwed up in our hiring department. They've never had to deal with a pool before and there were some other issues that have come up in the department itself.

The airlines hire till they furlough. I feel for you, and they are going to lose some great pilots because of this.

Latest resources

Back