• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Heres Whats Happening At Nj Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I though it was being advertised as the world's largest Flight Safety. From that, I am guessing that it will be staffed and run by FS for NJ. But since that's my guess, I would bet on anything else.

IP at FSI recurrent CMH said they are looking to hire a couple hundred new people to handle the load at the new facility. They are hiring now, so it will be FSI. The folks at CMH are training the NJA way, unlike the other centers, and the relationship with NJA is very tight.

Hi!

Thanx 4 updating us-it really helps those of us looking 4 jobs!

cliff
MCI

Basically, FSI gets you the type (using NJA SOPs and procedures).

NJA training takes it from there after you are typed and "fixes the glitches" with aircraft familiarization flying and IOE.

It's changed now but in years past, following the FSI check ride, we'd get 3 flights in the real plane and another check ride (in the plane).

Lot's of fun... glad it changed.

I see what you are saying....makes sense, thanks.

I've seen NetJets compared to Southwest several times on this forum. They certainly don't hold a candle in this area....

Nope. Southwest makes you buy your own hotel room for the interview. :laugh:

The back and forth/ waiting 2-3 months to get the "you're hired" word is just crazy and unprofessional.

Southwest helpfully let me wait over 7 weeks for a rejection letter. Having done both, I found the whole process at NetJets to be far more professional, honestly.

Nope. Southwest makes you buy your own hotel room for the interview. :laugh:

Southwest helpfully let me wait over 7 weeks for a rejection letter. Having done both, I found the whole process at NetJets to be far more professional, honestly.

CA1900 -- when were you hired at NJA? I have friends hired as recently as Nov 2007 that were getting the word within 24 hours? If you were hired pre-2008 I'm not surprised in the slightest that you thought the NJA process was more professional. Although Southwest may have let you wait 7 weeks, guys right now are waiting 2-3 months.

Not only are they waiting for eons, but someone within the hiring department is giving them false hope with an "unofficial you're hired email". In many cases those people received emails last week tell them that they are actually still being evaluated. What on earth are these folks left to think? I expect more out of a company like NetJets.

CA1900 -- when were you hired at NJA?

A couple of years ago now. I think I found out a week or so after the interview, if that.

Hopefully we can get through these growing pains, as we're dragging things out for a lot of people in the process, from what I've been hearing. Hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end.

The "unofficial e-mails" thing seems a little shady to me, too. How about, "Congratulations, we're pleased to let you know that you've passed our interview, and are awaiting successful completion of our background check. While this is not yet an offer of employment, we wanted to keep you updated..." No gray area at all. A letter like that would seem more professional to me than these unofficial e-mails.

Maybe you should call up the folks in hiring and tell them what you expect.
I'm thinking that the NJA pilots could perhaps do something like that, on behalf of their fellow pilots (potential NJA brothers/sisters) out there left in the dark. If I were there and heard about this stuff going on, I certainly would. Perhaps the new union could look into it...
3 mo. now since the interview for me.

To hit the question about whether you can get the plane you are typed in, one guy in my class got the same plane he had flown at CS. However, he went through the same training as the rest of us. Only diff was he did not have to give up his certificate for the check. Same check though,

Latest resources

Back