Heres Whats Happening At Nj Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Just Peachy

I know its tough out there so here is what just came up on our zippy new union board....

This is from one of our other pilots, so Im quoting him but not word for word, take it for what its worth.

He said he sat with 4 new hires going through indoc at the Thursday night dinner last week while in company recurrent. They had all interviewed in March or April. One guy got an interview in as little as 5 weeks. Someone else had waited 5 months. No idea what makes the difference.

At the management briefings that they had not interviewed anyone in about 6 weeks but were picking it up again next week.

Two more weeks of interviews would fill all classes for this year. Interviewing would continue in Sept for '09 class dates. Supposed to hire 450 this year. (We've only hired 175 in over half the year)

Thats all I know ( and it aint much)

There was a set of interviews 4 weeks ago, during the last week in June so what management said about it being 6 weeks ago is not entirely accurate.

2006 - 383 hired
2007 - 229 hired
2008 - we have hired 190 through July 7, this year.

Flight Safety is the weak link from what I have heard. Quicker the training facility opens the better for everyone.

used to do the one ton at CAE.

Speaking of the new training center, and since we're all part of the same happy Berkshire Hathaway family, is the new training campus going to be a FlightSafety branded facility with FSI management and just an exclusively NJA clientele? Or will it be NJ from top-to-bottom including management, instructors, etc? That wasn't exactly clear from the info we've received and the subject came up at recurrent last week.

I though it was being advertised as the world's largest Flight Safety. From that, I am guessing that it will be staffed and run by FS for NJ. But since that's my guess, I would bet on anything else.

Speaking of the new training center, and since we're all part of the same happy Berkshire Hathaway family, is the new training campus going to be a FlightSafety branded facility with FSI management and just an exclusively NJA clientele? Or will it be NJ from top-to-bottom including management, instructors, etc? That wasn't exactly clear from the info we've received and the subject came up at recurrent last week.

I talked to one of the CMH FSI instructors, and he says that it will be staffed by FSI instructors. Didnt talk about other clientele using the facility.

Latest resources

Back