• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Heres Whats Happening At Nj Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I understood, only NJ crews would use the facility and any overflow requirements the company had could be covered at other facilities. The only question mark was branding on the front door and who the instructors and staff would actually be working for. Then again, the money all goes into the same pocket anyway. And that would be Uncle Warren's rather large, deep pockets :)

training

Does it help your interview process or hiring prospect if you are already typed in one of there planes? I am current in the XL and would only need a recurrent right?

It helped me alot being typed on two of the aircraft they operate. I'm also a sim/ground instructor on the two. I believe it helped get the interview, although I was unsuccessful the first try. I'm mailing my new app tomorrow.

Does it help your interview process or hiring prospect if you are already typed in one of there planes? I am current in the XL and would only need a recurrent right?

FWIW I really don't think it (type rating) helps that much. NJA is looking for customer service experts who can also fly an airplane. You will also go through the full FSI initial course even if you're typed.

It helped me alot being typed on two of the aircraft they operate. I'm also a sim/ground instructor on the two. I believe it helped get the interview, although I was unsuccessful the first try. I'm mailing my new app tomorrow.

Almost 100% chance of you NOT being placed into any fleet that you are current and qualified on if hired.

NJA training doesn't want you to bring with you another operators way of doing things.

Almost 100% chance of you NOT being placed into any fleet that you are current and qualified on if hired.

NJA training doesn't want you to bring with you another operators way of doing things.

Not to disagree with you being a poolie myself, but during the interview, they specifically said that if you have a type in something they try to put you in the same equipment. This came up when we asked how the decide who goes in what airplane. This was during lunch with Derinda and all the Big Wigs that stopped to say hi.

Thanks. I was at another Frac when I flew these airplanes, so hopefully they'll see (next time) that it was somewhat standardized.

Interesting. I would have thought that with a large portion of people doing training at FSI facilities and NJA doing the same....there would not be a whole lot of differences.

Confused

2006 - 383 hired
2007 - 229 hired
2008 - we have hired 190 through July 7, this year.

Flight Safety is the weak link from what I have heard. Quicker the training facility opens the better for everyone.

Why did NetJets ever think they could hire 450 this year if Flight Safety doesn't have the training slots to support that? Is it really that difficult to forecast? Seems completely predictable.

Why did NetJets ever think they could hire 450 this year if Flight Safety doesn't have the training slots to support that? Is it really that difficult to forecast? Seems completely predictable.
you obviously don't work for netjets.

Latest resources

Back