• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here's to you Turbo-Prop Man.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like my turbo-prop. So what if it has prop blades? It's comfy, it's a blast to fly, and goes like a bat outta hell to Mach .48.
Oh, and I let the FO fly as much as I do. None of this "if you're lucky the captain will let you fly the last empty leg on your EAS route..."

You don't need to let ops know you're on the ground, they already know and so does the whole airport. J41 on the ground.

Garrett grenades.
Kinda miss the '41 but not the company.

Ain't that the truth! I was wondering if our Saab sounds as cool as the C-130s!!!!
Naaaaaaa, just wishful thinking!

Heres to all T-Prop guys......Can u say Beta range? And stop on a dime? Here's to making the first turn off!!! Oh wait.....you guys have passengers....cant do that...too bad. T-Props are a blast.

There are a few things I will miss about my Jetstream...

aaahhhhhh...just a minute...

er, checking in at 6000 feet with KC center and when they ask me my speed
I told them .356...

No, we didn't have mach meters...I was bored and figured it out on the
wizzwheel...

Looking at my FO when the beast did something wierd and telling them "Huh,
it's never done that before..."

Free tickets to the local class A baseball teams home games...
Chickenlips...
all you can drink drafts for $7.00 from 1800 to 2300 local...
(just Killian's and Miller Lite, but wtf...)

LBC's "Piper's Pride Scottish Ale"...

O'grifs Irish style amber ale...

The Chile Colorado and the BBQ in MKL...

The breakfast in IRK...

Getting "Best speed as long as you can and direct to the numbers" and doing 250 to 2 miles without getting a GPWS warning...I think the call for that was something like "speeds high, hold my beer and watch this" (just kidding, it was coffee).

Calling dispatch and telling them there's going to be a delay. Because the FBO can't find the keys to the hanger door...hehehe, what a bunch of maroons they had working there...

Only needing 1200 lbs of fuel to do a trip if it was VFR...because no one knew where the line boy was that morning (hopefully he wasn't chewing his arm offto get away from some big midwestern girl:). Yeah, same maroons...

Asking the FNG's
1) Do you drink?
2) Do you cuss?
(and while fishing out a smoke)
3) do you smoke?
If they answered no to any of them I gave them the old man's over the
top of glasses stare and said "You will, you willllll"

Oh yeah, most of all, all them good people that I worked with trying to do the impossible for the ungrateful with so little that we as a group are now capable of doing anything with nothing!

Long live the Jetstream Drivers of the World!!!

Remember my friends, the fun is where you make it!

Last edited:
SennaP1 said:
You don't need to let ops know you're on the ground, they already know and so does the whole airport. J41 on the ground.

Garrett grenades.
Kinda miss the '41 but not the company.

Getting out of your car in the crew lot at o' dark thirty and hearing Mx taxi your A/C from the hangar to the gate. "Well, at least we have an airplane."
:beer:

ah the peaceful bliss of a prop sync that doesnt work, the relaxed comfort of sitting in LGA all buttoned up and not being able to push of gates 6-7 when it is near 130 in the cockpit, and that amazing smell, getting cleared direct to...... ah sorry unable, seeing the smiling faces of the people as they walk out of the gate thinking they are getting on a jet only to see the horror as the non english speaking agent points them to the plane with the egg beaters on the wings, 250 to the marker, and that amazing smell, going first in line in taxi because there is no holds over the low altitude routes, being told to slow to 200 for sequence so that they can put a high performance piston in front of you on the route, the only weather being able to fly above is the smog layer over NY, that distinct growl of beta as you taxi, and that amazing smell, the absolute violence of a t-prop landing when the FO chops it, drops it, plops it, stops it with max reverse and tries to get off runway within the touchdown zone, begging for air carts or GPU's and not getting them, having to show up an hour early so that you can run the engines and find all the things broke on it and have time to MEL them while seeing the jet guys show up 20 minutes before and flick a switch and go, did I mention that amazing smell?

but as stated earlier..... doing the impossible for the ungrateful and getting damn good at it. meeting some very cool people, probably having the most fun you will in the industry, getting good experience, being proud of being able to do so much with so little, knowing what you are and not being part of the finger pointing and crying between all the "real" reginonal airlines.

to the turbo prop man

...you look around and see all the major airline pilots in their shiny jets.

...but hey, when you walk around the terminal noone knows....

here's to you turbo-prop man...

Latest resources

Back