Here's to you Turbo-Prop Man.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LoneStar123 said:
Although ATC tells you, "turn 20 left for an overtaking SWA B-737," you keep the power in and beat him to the parallel runway...........as if to get back at the controller

Boston visual 4L in the Beech or Saab, racing a Virgin 747-400 coming in on the ILS 4R. So much fun to pass them at the marker going 60 kts faster.

Take a wrong turn onto a taxiway but its OK, you can pull a quick U-turn on any 75' taxiway...

A little reverse to blow snow all over your favorite ramper....

Grinding though snowdirfts higher than your prop clearance...

The hooliganism induced by perpetually empty airplanes...

...at least I've heard about such things.

Here's to you, Mr. Turboprop Pilot Man:

Giggling when LGA tower tells you keep it fast, tight and right to the numbers on the Expressway Visual 31....Descend to TPA, non-standard config., wrap the Saab over Shea and Flushing Meadows to roll out about 200' AGL and make the highspeed....Only Saabs, Beeches, and Dashes can do that @ LGA. Here's to the Prop Frat!

Snaab

Snaab said:

Giggling when LGA tower tells you keep it fast, tight and right to the numbers on the Expressway Visual 31....Descend to TPA, non-standard config., wrap the Saab over Shea and Flushing Meadows to roll out about 200' AGL and make the highspeed....Only Saabs, Beeches, and Dashes can do that @ LGA. Here's to the Prop Frat!

Snaab

Oh yeah... No matter what kind of day I've been having, that one always puts a smile on my face.

I like being able to land on 33R at BOS... Schweeeet.

Checking the props for rock chips as the passengers board with scared looks on their faces and saying things like, "Don't worry folks, just winding the rubber bands up extra tight for this long (250 nm) flight!"

Or, "Hurry up and get on board so I can hand prop this baby!"

CONTACT!

Snaab said:

Snaab

The only go-around I ever did at LGA was because Mr Turboprop Pilot Man couldn't (or wouldn't) clear his Dash from 31 in time. He didn't turn off until the last taxi before crossing Rwy 4.

Here's to you turboprop man -

Who earns a beer by landing on runway 4 at DCA and holds short of runway 1 (!). Look it up - it's a treat. :)

"Sorry, people, from up front, mx requires us to do a max-braking stop every 100 landings." Heeheeheehee

Amish RakeFight said:
...you spend $80,000 just to sling the gear for $19,000 a year in a cramped and hot Beech 1900.

...but hey, you get to tell the ladies you're a pilot....

here's to you turbo-prop man...

It's fun to watch you jet FOs from the left seat of a turboprop...
Vigilant, proud, and stuck there for four more years!!

The only go-around I ever did in CLT was because some jet-pilot couldnt (or wouldnt) get his airbus off the runway in time??.....

Latest resources

Back