Here's to you Turbo-Prop Man.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
grow up

I know there are those pilots who are just to good to fly turbo-props. And it makes me want to just bit#& slap them.

T-Prop man....

Doing 250 until five miles out... unless they vector every jet in front of you because your "slower." Under 10,000 feet we all have to do 250, except we can do it for longer.

HAHAHAHAHA!

CoolSidePillow said:
but as stated earlier..... doing the impossible for the ungrateful and getting dang good at it. meeting some very cool people, probably having the most fun you will in the industry, getting good experience, being proud of being able to do so much with so little,

to the turbo prop man

Great Post !!!!!, although I am no longer part of the commuter/regional world, I wouldnt trade my "days on the beech" for anything. Who wouldnt like hand flying 5-6 legs a day (no a/p) in some of the worst weather Lake Erie could brew up.

Gotta say it again, Good airplane, lotsa good experiences and great people.

belchfire said:
There are a few things I will miss about my Jetstream...

aaahhhhhh...just a minute...

er, checking in at 6000 feet with KC center and when they ask me my speed
I told them .356...

No, we didn't have mach meters...I was bored and figured it out on the
wizzwheel...

Looking at my FO when the beast did something wierd and telling them "Huh,
it's never done that before..."

Free tickets to the local class A baseball teams home games...
Chickenlips...
all you can drink drafts for $7.00 from 1800 to 2300 local...
(just Killian's and Miller Lite, but wtf...)

LBC's "Piper's Pride Scottish Ale"...

O'grifs Irish style amber ale...

The Chile Colorado and the BBQ in MKL...

The breakfast in IRK...

Getting "Best speed as long as you can and direct to the numbers" and doing 250 to 2 miles without getting a GPWS warning...I think the call for that was something like "speeds high, hold my beer and watch this" (just kidding, it was coffee).

Calling dispatch and telling them there's going to be a delay. Because the FBO can't find the keys to the hanger door...hehehe, what a bunch of maroons they had working there...

Only needing 1200 lbs of fuel to do a trip if it was VFR...because no one knew where the line boy was that morning (hopefully he wasn't chewing his arm offto get away from some big midwestern girl:). Yeah, same maroons...

Asking the FNG's
1) Do you drink?
2) Do you cuss?
(and while fishing out a smoke)
3) do you smoke?
If they answered no to any of them I gave them the old man's over the
top of glasses stare and said "You will, you willllll"

Oh yeah, most of all, all them good people that I worked with trying to do the impossible for the ungrateful with so little that we as a group are now capable of doing anything with nothing!

Long live the Jetstream Drivers of the World!!!

Remember my friends, the fun is where you make it!

That was funny.

Flying a rock solid tank of an airplane with people who are becoming life long friends.

It's good to be a turboprop man!

Mercury said:
Great Post !!!!!, although I am no longer part of the commuter/regional world, I wouldnt trade my "days on the beech" for anything. Who wouldnt like hand flying 5-6 legs a day (no a/p) in some of the worst weather Lake Erie could brew up.

Gotta say it again, Good airplane, lotsa good experiences and great people.

Me too, I was at CommutAir and formed some of the best friendships in the industry.... My IAD crashpad was the shizzzzzznit!!!

T-prop man....

Handflying an ILS to mins in a simulator at a job interview.......... while the other applicant who is an RJ pilot crashes! :D

Here is to you Turboprop cargo charter pilot guy....

Flying your odd shaped square airplane into who the he11 knows where.....

For the last minute cargo load of door handles....

Just so GM can lose another $4000 per car....

Here is to Detroit City and a cold one at Murray (not for you Turboprop guy)

You get your rush chugging along at 20,000 puffn' on the O2 mask....

Who needs conversation!

So here is to you Turbo prop charter Cargo guy....crack a cold one!

(Just do it in the first two hours of rest )

Last edited:
soltray said:
I know there are those pilots who are just to good to fly turbo-props. And it makes me want to just bit#& slap them.

Not me...on the other hand I really have to look up and thank God every day that I dodged a bullet - so many of my buddies that tried so hard to get out of one place and ended up furloughed and going back there...

Two, three (and in one case) four times turboprop men. I hope they can find something better soon!

Although ATC tells you, "turn 20 left for an overtaking SWA B-737," you keep the power in and beat him to the parallel runway...........as if to get back at the controller

Latest resources

Back