• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Here it Comes, Gen...SWA To ATL!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PS fflyerworld: For someone who will never set foot on a SWA plane, you seem to have a lot of insight. Do you hang around their gates and observe? You should hear what people say about YOUR airline![/QUOTE]

I don't own an airline. We all have our preferences don't we. And, yes - unfortunately, I hung around the Southwest Terminal in PHX for over 6 hours waiting on a flight to arrive that never did although the FID screen AND Southwest reservations claimed it was "fixin to"!

You certainly are entitled to your opinion as I am as well as others and with all due respect - there is no "shooting from the hip" on the technology issue that you utilize at SWA. In fact, you state clearly in your posting that SWA needs to do some catching up. Your statement sums up exactly what I already know to be factual. Enough said!

Three letters for you: R-N-P. Look it up sometime, and then get back to us.

You can call me whatever you want.

Most people usually do.

You can attempt to rationalize away all these things which make you uncomfortable. None of this will change the fact that I am right.

I can't blame you actually. Delta parking over 100 more rj's means you're out of work. I'd be nervous too.
Looks like it's time to doulbe up those drive through shifts at Wendy's.

My two cents is ATL is a smoke screen the main battle is still DENVER. ACL is right neither SWA or DAL wants an all out war, too costly.

UPS has bought a hub just to shut it down and control more of a market - think Dayton. SWA went after ATA just to increase their presence in Chicago and continue to bleed UAL. If SWA controls Denver they will continue to bleed UAL. It's an easier target, less costly battle, with a higher kill ratio than an all out war with Delta. Years ago UAL killed the first Frontier and ran CAL out of Colorado, just to control the market. Is it not possible that history is just repeating itself?

Three letters for you: R-N-P. Look it up sometime, and then get back to us.

Three words for YOU....Pay for Training!!

All this from a guy who bought his type......classy!!

Three words for YOU....Pay for Training!!

All this from a guy who bought his type......classy!!

Hey Bill, 1995 just called and they want their issue back. Get some new material, will ya? :D

You certainly are entitled to your opinion as I am as well as others and with all due respect - there is no "shooting from the hip" on the technology issue that you utilize at SWA. In fact, you state clearly in your posting that SWA needs to do some catching up. Your statement sums up exactly what I already know to be factual. Enough said!

So I call you out on a factual inaccuracy, and you start telling me you are entitled to your opinion. No argument there, but it makes you look ignorant when your opinion is based on completely incorrect information gathered from God-knows-where. What I told you wasn't an opinion. The part I was talking about where you were incorrect is the assigned seating technology. If you're going to make statement such as that and then state your opinion based upon it, at least make sure you know your facts.

So beyond assigned seating, I'd like to know where you think SWA is so technologically lax? BTW - the dollars that Gary said (years ago) needed to be invested into technology? Most of those programs have already been delivered.

And by the way - if a FID monitor such as the one you mentioned is incorrect in that manner, that is a case of human error. Not a technological one.

You got called on the carpet about a factual inaccuracy, and you defended yourself by saying, "I'm entitled to my opinion."

Weak. Enough said.

Hey Bill, 1995 just called and they want their issue back. Get some new material, will ya? :D

Back at ya!!

Are you guys ever going to drop that?? Not that SWAPA has any input, but that's so archaic.....kinda like not using Autothottles or VNAV....but if I remember you said RNP earlier, so you guys are getting into this century, pat yourselves on the back for that one!!

SWA is, no doubt, a great airline. If you want to go to one of the 66 cities that they serve, and aren't interested in possibly using ff miles for travel out side of those 66 cities, or aren't interested in first/business class, then they are probably a great choice. If you want to see the rest of the world, call Delta.

http://delta.innosked.com/

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back