Here it Comes, Gen...SWA To ATL!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back at ya!!

Are you guys ever going to drop that?? Not that SWAPA has any input, but that's so archaic.....kinda like not using Autothottles or VNAV....but if I remember you said RNP earlier, so you guys are getting into this century, pat yourselves on the back for that one!!

Whatever.

I would much rather pay a little for a real job at a profitable company with an actual future than to ride you ship to the bottom.

If the F9 deal goes through, then swa will go to ATL. It will not be a big deal though. 3-5 gates maybe. There would be to much BS there with the airtran kids and delta.

If the F9 deal goes through, then swa will go to ATL. It will not be a big deal though. 3-5 gates maybe. There would be to much BS there with the airtran kids and delta.

Yep-

Just keep telling yourselves that!

I know several business travelers who would rather drive two hours to take Southwest than drive across town and fly Delta.

:laugh:Running the Tilt-a-Whirl at the county fair doesn't count as a business traveler.
Business travelers wear suits, not cutoffs and flip-flops. They also don't consider garbage bags luggage.

SWA flies into what, 39 states? Congratulations, I think they're great at what they do. DAL flies into what, 76 COUNTRIES last I heard.

SWA is not our competition, and anyone who thinks they are is a fool.

Trigger

SWA flies into what, 39 states? Congratulations, I think they're great at what they do. DAL flies into what, 76 COUNTRIES last I heard.

SWA is not our competition, and anyone who thinks they are is a fool.

Trigger

You are right, we at Delta cannot compete with LUV as we use rjs to go head to head with them. If we don't do something soon, we will be unable to compete with any airline in the domestic market. Flew ASA recently for the first time in years and it was a miserable experience. Not a good product and yet, we put many passengers on them instead of mainline. Will not work in the long run.

Told you it was coming.....

http://www.ajc.com/business/southwest-could-begin-atlanta-104584.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

-Like I previously stated, all the bad ju-ju Delta has been laying out since the merger will come back around..... Just wait and see how fast all the ATL passengers, former employees and former investors RA has hosed will clamor all over each other to get onto an airline with a comparable domestic route structure! $59 each way-you pompus tool!

-Enjoy!

Hey tool, SWA into ATL is more of a problem for AirTran than Delta....

My two cents is ATL is a smoke screen the main battle is still DENVER. ACL is right neither SWA or DAL wants an all out war, too costly.

UPS has bought a hub just to shut it down and control more of a market - think Dayton. SWA went after ATA just to increase their presence in Chicago and continue to bleed UAL. If SWA controls Denver they will continue to bleed UAL. It's an easier target, less costly battle, with a higher kill ratio than an all out war with Delta. Years ago UAL killed the first Frontier and ran CAL out of Colorado, just to control the market. Is it not possible that history is just repeating itself?

SWA won't be controlling DEN....there will just be 1 Low cost airline.

Maybe by going into ATL they will drive AAI shares down to an viable purchasing point. You have to be able to dream, right?

$59 dollar rates?

You get what you pay for:

1. C boarding pass
2. 2 or 3 stops to get where you are going
3. Greyhound type customers sitting next to you
4. Pilots who "Paid" for their training to get a job
5. No First Class
6. Unpaid Trips to the doc to fix neck from too many quick stops to avoid runway over runs

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back