• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAWAIIAN Phase III invites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does the Company positive space interviewees to come out? Do they provide hotel and if not does anyone know where a good place to stay is???

If you were ever in, or related to the military, staying on the base at Pearl Harbor, Hickam, or Makalapa is going to be your best option. Also, there is a relatively new Navy Lodge on Ford Island (about three years old). Other than that if pure civilian and just interested in staying near the airport, the Honolulu Best Western near the airport is about the best option of clean and close. Otherwise it's a haul from Waikiki to the airport if you do not intend on vacationing during your visit. Best of Luck!
Aloha,
LUV

whats the typical schedule like for junior line holder on the bus? id assume 4-5 days with a couple of hnl turns, or do they go longer? Days off between trips? Do you guys use pbs or flica, or are the lines just built by the company? thanks

If you were ever in, or related to the military, staying on the base at Pearl Harbor, Hickam, or Makalapa is going to be your best option. Also, there is a relatively new Navy Lodge on Ford Island (about three years old). Other than that if pure civilian and just interested in staying near the airport, the Honolulu Best Western near the airport is about the best option of clean and close. Otherwise it's a haul from Waikiki to the airport if you do not intend on vacationing during your visit. Best of Luck!
Aloha,
LUV

SO what you are saying is that after an honorable discharge from the army I can stay at one of the on base hotel/housing? I thought those were for active and retired? Can the same be said about the Hale Koa? I still have my expired 2LT ID but I got out in 2010.

Thanks-it would be nice to get an interview. Just waiting like everyone else

whats the typical schedule like for junior line holder on the bus? id assume 4-5 days with a couple of hnl turns, or do they go longer? Days off between trips? Do you guys use pbs or flica, or are the lines just built by the company? thanks

A junior 330 FO lineholder will (as of now) probably get nothing but 3-day LAS and LAX trips, with a redeye guaranteed one or both ways. Over the next few months however they'll be adding a lot of flying to the 'bus as more planes arrive, and more long-distance trips are added to the schedule. Eventually all the longer flights will go on the 'bus, but that's a few years down the road. For the next year or two, expect to get intimately familiar with the crew hotels in LAS and LAX. Our trips (and the FAR's) don't allow us to do turns, except for a few cases where we're heavy crewed on flights that go someplace only once or twice a week (PPT & PPG). We're pretty much a one-leg-a-day airline on the 767 and 330 side. If you want more, go interisland. You can get up to ten landings a day there. ;)

We use the Navtech PBS system. It seems to be running pretty smoothly now, after a few growing pains when it replaced our previous PBS system.

HAL

any word why there is a HAwaiian plane sitting in MSP? I hear its been here for a few days.

on airlinepilotcentral.com there was a link to submit your resume and fill out the application, which i did. Does filling out the application there count as having your info in the system or is there a specific time window to put your app in? If so, does anyone know when the window will open again? Thanks

What is the crashpad situation out in HNL??? Is there one? Do you need a car? Thanks for all the good intel from everyone!

Latest resources

Back