• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAWAIIAN Phase III invites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just updated my ap per the last email as well. Have not heard anything yet. But as someone with no ties to the islands and no connections, I'm not holding my breath. I'm just hoping that 9,000 TT and 6,000 PIC-T are worth something. It's gotta be worth something, right? I'd really love to have a chance to interview. This truely would be "livin' the dream."

I am waiting as well:

5600 TT
3000+ TPIC
8 T/TP Type Ratings
No violations/accidents/incidents
FAA Authorized Company Check Airman
Asst. Chief Pilot
Updated each of the last 3-years
Have stopped by the CP's office and personally dropped off a resume 1-2 times a year for the last 3-years.

Crickets....

It's all such a mystery... In my case I have some strong connections, born and raised here, have lots of peers that have been hired in the past few years... I have decent time but less than some that have posted... I don't know, my brain is so stressed after these past years of trying to get on with HAL... I really need to piull this one off... This is my lotto...

I hear ya 808. Either way I'll be headed out that way for 2-weeks in Aug. Maybe the 4th time is the charm, as I will surely stop by the CP's office again, as well as smooze the HAL pilots on my inter-island flight(s). Good luck in your interview! I expect to get some good gouge from you...LOL

wow I guess sitting on reserve and being abused at Mesaba does not bode well for my resume. My almost +-6000 TT and 1500 PIC Turbine is not that competitive. many months of doing endless days of airport ready reserve and two a day dead heads does not make for a lot of logbook entries. Starting out with almost 2000 hours, 8 years at mesaba most of it all on reserve and 5 long term training events does not make for a great resume. Even those guys who did not bid to the jet only have 500-1000 hours more than I do. I guess I got hired by the wrong airline for getting that PIC time-but then again, I got hired by the right company if one looks at how often I have been home with my son! Like the other guy said, I just hope to get an interview where I can take it from there. Oh and good luck to all you guys and gals out there. I am sure there are a lot of great qualified people out there looking for this great job.

wow I guess sitting on reserve and being abused at Mesaba does not bode well for my resume. My almost +-6000 TT and 1500 PIC Turbine is not that competitive. many months of doing endless days of airport ready reserve and two a day dead heads does not make for a lot of logbook entries. Starting out with almost 2000 hours, 8 years at mesaba most of it all on reserve and 5 long term training events does not make for a great resume. Even those guys who did not bid to the jet only have 500-1000 hours more than I do. I guess I got hired by the wrong airline for getting that PIC time-but then again, I got hired by the right company if one looks at how often I have been home with my son! Like the other guy said, I just hope to get an interview where I can take it from there. Oh and good luck to all you guys and gals out there. I am sure there are a lot of great qualified people out there looking for this great job.

XJ, don't give up if it's what you want. A lot of people are applying, but they will probably be hiring for, off and on, the foreseeable future. From what I can see it has taken on average about 2 years from initial application to class date for most. Like anywhere it is competitive, but perseverance is probably as important as anything.

Great advice. I have my current job because after 9/11 I submitted 1 resume a month to the two airlines I wanted to fly for-even if they were not accepting resume's. So I guess that method will be applied here. Heck after the army, waiting for two years for a great job is nothing!

Thanks for the info Dan

i agree with dan 100%... i pester the crap out of hawaiian.... i'm in the CP's office every other month updating my resume even if its only for 20 new hrs... squeaky wheel all the way.... this will have been my third time interviewing... no quitting here...
just got done with phase 1... same as before... really hoping i didn't blow anything that i wasn't aware of.... now time for a beer to calm the nerves that are frayed beyond repair....

i agree with dan 100%... i pester the crap out of hawaiian.... i'm in the CP's office every other month updating my resume even if its only for 20 new hrs... squeaky wheel all the way.... this will have been my third time interviewing... no quitting here...
just got done with phase 1... same as before... really hoping i didn't blow anything that i wasn't aware of.... now time for a beer to calm the nerves that are frayed beyond repair....

Understand that you go back later this week for Phs 2? With this being your 3rd time, just curious if you have done phs 2 before. Good Luck!

i have done phase 2 before... its kinda nuts... i did it back in 08'... then in 09' they only had me do the panel and sim again... they told because i had done phase 2 before so i was all set.... this time around i guess they want me to do it all over again... hopefully i can score higher... was told yesterday that everything gets a point rating to it and then they tally up the total and that is supposedly your ranking... from there if they still like you they pull from the top and work their way down... so they say....
was told that 1600 peeps applied during the app opening... 65-70 slots to fill for 4 airbuses coming in the 1st/2nd qtr of next year... another rumor floating around is that after they fill for those spots they are going to need another 60 shortly after....
fingers crossed.... its all very promising... just have to jump the hurdles and try not to land our face...

Latest resources

Back