• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAWAIIAN Phase III invites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only a momentary stay of pain for you. Eventually you'll hear the siren song of the Airbus again, and have to come to the dark side!

And for anyone still wondering about further hiring:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Hawaiian-Airlines-Expands-prnews-679354934.html?x=0&.v=1

We're adding three more 717's later this year. This means an additional 25-30 pilots, on top of all those coming because of the new A330's. Our Crew Planning department must be really scrambling about now!

HAL

That is great news of more aircraft. Hopefully that means more people will get a chance to get their names into the hat for class dates!!

:)

There is hope! I am just wondering how I can be proactive without actually flying to HNL to get face time with the chief (I pick up flying every month so I am once again down to 8 days off next month). Maybe in August, if I have not had an interview, I will talk my wife into trying to head out there.

I just went to update my online application and new forms for the background check popped up that were not previously there. Anyone else notice this?

No kidding!
Also, they aske for a 10 year residency record, but only provide 3 fields for the task... That covers about 6 months of my nomadic life :)
oh well. the game continues.

So those Hawaiian pilots who live on the Islands, do most of you rent or is there places to live that are affordable for pilots? I seem to remember back in the mid 90's when I lived there if it were not for the army I would not have been able to afford much (on army pay)

So I am assuming when a guy gets hired and moves to Hawaii, they usually rent? I remember that homes were very expensive. Do people move to one of the other islands where it can be a little more reasonable? Just looking ahead and having discussions with my wife.

So I am assuming when a guy gets hired and moves to Hawaii, they usually rent? I remember that homes were very expensive. Do people move to one of the other islands where it can be a little more reasonable? Just looking ahead and having discussions with my wife.

Real estate is not cheap, I will say that. Not sure what new hires do, but they make it work. Living here is about the same as moving to Calif. Without the cheaper real estate further away. That said, that also means there is lot of opportunity too.

That said, that also means there is lot of opportunity too.

DO you mean a lot of real estate opportunity or flying opportunity? How many pilots live on the other Islands other than Oahu? I am sure if I get an opportunity to interview and be offered a career at HAL I would figure it all out. My wife and kids would very well enjoy the many vacations while we checked out places to move to.

DO you mean a lot of real estate opportunity or flying opportunity? How many pilots live on the other Islands other than Oahu? I am sure if I get an opportunity to interview and be offered a career at HAL I would figure it all out. My wife and kids would very well enjoy the many vacations while we checked out places to move to.

I meant real estate, those that figure a way to own usually do well over time. Most live on Oahu, but a fair amount do live outer island.

It's hard to commute inter-island as a junior guy. Many first or last flight of the day situations and they all originate or end in HNL. Most that do have another place to stay on Oahu.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back