• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAWAIIAN Phase III invites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are there any commuters based in HNL? And, when did calls start going out?
There's quite a few pilots based in HNL that commute from the mainland. Most live on the west coast, but we have a few crazies that come in from places like Denver, Atlanta, and Washington DC. Just a WAG, but I'd say that maybe 15% or a little more of our pilots commute into HNL.

We've had two classes start this year, and I think the first of those calls went out in January or February. The pace should pick up for the rest of this year and into the next.

I'll agree 100% with what Dan Roman said. It's a great place to work, with excellent training, great crews, and a relaxed, professional atmosphere.

HAL

There's quite a few pilots based in HNL that commute from the mainland. Most live on the west coast, but we have a few crazies that come in from places like Denver, Atlanta, and Washington DC. Just a WAG, but I'd say that maybe 15% or a little more of our pilots commute into HNL.

We've had two classes start this year, and I think the first of those calls went out in January or February. The pace should pick up for the rest of this year and into the next.

I'll agree 100% with what Dan Roman said. It's a great place to work, with excellent training, great crews, and a relaxed, professional atmosphere.

HAL

Thanks for the information. There aren't too many 121 jobs I'd leave my current 91 job for... this is one of the very few. Hopefully, I'm lucky enough to get a call some day.

Thanks Dan, very informative. I will have to show your post to my wife. Is there a general area where a lot of Hawaiian airline pilots like to live? I have not lived on the Islands since the 90's and that was half on Schofield. I liked the smaller communities on the north shore, do they still exists?

Just what fly for surf said, still nice on the north shore and Sunset Beach Elementary is actually a very good school as is Kahuku High.

Pilots live all over and outer island too. Mostly Maui of the outer island commuters.

I would suggest making sure your spouse is on board with the decision to move to Hawaii. It's great if you do it as a team, problematic if she comes over begrudgingly. Commuting to the mainland does work for some as a compromise, but I would advise plenty of good communication first.

A lot come over here and love it, some don't though.

Ahhhhhh....to never see another hotel room. Never wait for a van. Must be nice, so jealous. I have close on to 10,000. 7,000ish turbjne pic 121. What are my odds? I would give anything to get back to where i grew up!

I would say as good as anyone. Like most places inside recs are a big plus, but I've flown with pilots that didn't have one. Key is do the online application dance and be persistant. The fact that you grew up here would certainly be a plus in the interview process. I know for a fact they try to hire from across the spectrum of qualified applicants and not just one area. I.E mil/civ, mainalnd/local, etc.
I'm sure you would meet the quals.

so just got an email for an interview for next week... looking to see who else did as well... stated it will be a two day process... i have interviewed twice before and this is slightly different than last time... if anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.... gotta make the most of this one!
and thanks to those previous posts for all the info...

Do they call as well as email? Or is the notice just by email???

yeah good luck. Not only am I waiting for a new baby (wife is two days over due) but also waiting to see about an interview-or lack there of..... we shall see.

Good luck xjhawk, some things in life are more important than a dream job, and you just named the big one. Hope it goes well.

Latest resources

Back