• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has ALPA tried to bring AA back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some TWA pilots live in a constant state of denial about the truth.

After 9/11 the TWA operation cost AMR a BILLION DOLLARS every year off the bottom line.

One billion dollars in losses every year directly from that abortion.

TWA is the worst thing that ever happened to AA.

I can only say I wish we'd found out if they would have survived on their own instead of them helping drive this company to the brink.>>

Try and use your own advise, "no crying while posting"

What a real tool.
So let me get this straight, it's the TWA pilots that can't seem to let go of the past? Riiiiighhhht.

Some TWA pilots live in a constant state of denial about the truth.

After 9/11 the TWA operation cost AMR a BILLION DOLLARS every year off the bottom line.

One billion dollars in losses every year directly from that abortion.

I can only say I wish we'd found out if they would have survived on their own instead of them helping drive this company to the brink.>>

Hey Nitrogen,,

Are you an accountant for AMR? A billion dollars a year huh??? I HIGHLY doubt that.. Lets see some proof.....

Pylut.........I'm not one to argue on message boards or call people ignorant which you seem to need to do. I realize it is an emotional issue for you. It is however my opinion that TWA was lucky to be taken over by AA. It didn't work out well for many pilots and employees but many are still lucky to be employed at AA. The alternative for TWA, in my opinion would have been bankruptcy and breakup of the company. Complete loss of jobs for all. We'll obviously never know.
Best of luck with your career.

Pylut.........I'm not one to argue on message boards or call people ignorant which you seem to need to do. I realize it is an emotional issue for you.

Wrong, it is not emotional. It is right vs wrong, good vs evil. little to no emotion involved on my part.

It is however my opinion that TWA was lucky to be taken over by AA

your opinion perhaps, but wrong again.

The alternative for TWA, in my opinion would have been bankruptcy and breakup of the company

We've already seen what your opinion is worth, but hmmm let see...
bankruptcy and disappear just like DAL,UAL,NWA,CAL, USAIR and all those other fly by night bankrupt carriers? is that what your guessing?

Best of luck to you as well, however if truth be told it is best not to rely on luck to get you where you want to be.

I see you have a continual need to try and diminish others. Sad.
It bleeds emotion on your part. Best of luck on improving your people skills.

.....and I don't rely on luck, I create my own.

If AA hadn't merged with TWA, wouldn't all the TWA pilots been on the street with a dissolved company?
A lot us would be in a better position to get hired at other airlines or corperate flying jobs without AA stamped on resumes. Besides AA is not out of the woods yet.

I see you have a continual need to try and diminish others. Sad.
It bleeds emotion on your part. Best of luck on improving your people skills.

.....and I don't rely on luck, I create my own.

Once again your opinion is categorically wrong. no need to attack and lash out like petulant child though. I am merely making observations and calling them as I see them.

Apparently you have hurt feelings and are reacting in this manner. So, I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your just pouting and not truly this ignorant.

Regarding luck, way to take a wise mans advice on that subject.....you're welcome.

Once again your opinion is categorically wrong. no need to attack and lash out like petulant child though. I am merely making observations and calling them as I see them.

Apparently you have hurt feelings and are reacting in this manner. So, I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your just pouting and not truly this ignorant.

Regarding luck, way to take a wise mans advice on that subject.....you're welcome.

yer so smurt..smart.

I would argue it is the best thing that could have happened for the AA pilots.

There are over 2700 pilots on furlough from American right now. The VAST majority of them are TWA (due to the staple job).

If it wasn't for TWA, there would be 2700 AA pilots on the street.

Buying TWA and stapling all their pilots to the bottom of the list saved thousands of AA jobs.

Latest resources

Back