• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has ALPA tried to bring AA back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furloughfodder must have mistyped. He did contradict himself in his post but I'm sure it was unintentional. The majority of the pilots were stapled and the rest of us were integrated at an 8 to 1 ratio beginning with the most senior pilot hired in 1965 losing 20 years by being feathered in at a 1985 seniority.

Then it was 8 AA for 1 TWA. I lost 12 years, my TWA 1988 seniority translated into AA year 2000.

If all the pilots were stapled how did I fly with a TWA captain the other day?
It was a crap deal, but alteast be honest with ALL pilots being stapled, things like that tend to mislead others. You know, like all OZ pilots were stapled.

Lastly, I would say Carl Ichan was the worst thing that happened to TWA. He destroyed a magnificant airline, which left it in the state it was when aquired.

regards,

AA

Pkober, you would be surprised at the number of exTW guys picking up OT.
It is a lot larger than you would probably imagine.

AA or TWA, it's still SCAB like behavior. Thanks for not being one of them.

The purchase of TWA protected AA and many AA employees from hardship.

AA management removed a competitor from the industry. Too bad they didn't know how to use the opportunity in a profitable way. AA threw away a great opportunity.

"Two great airlines, one great future". Just lie, cheat and steal.

I don't see how AA's management is going to navigate the hard times ahead. The industry has changed and AA is unable to adapt.

Hey remember when they handed out those bags with that saying. Pretty cool. I can still remember when Carty came to the STL hangar and was greeted like a hero. If we only know then what we know now. It least I got a cool Coke bottle opener out of that deal.

Furloughfodder must have mistyped. He did contradict himself in his post but I'm sure it was unintentional. The majority of the pilots were stapled and the rest of us were integrated at an 8 to 1 ratio beginning with the most senior pilot hired in 1965 losing 20 years by being feathered in at a 1985 seniority.

Then it was 8 AA for 1 TWA. I lost 12 years, my TWA 1988 seniority translated into AA year 2000.

Ya, I thought it was a mis-type. But he did ask "where did I say that" so I told him!

I'm a March '88 TWA hire and I lost 11 years. Basically the same system seniority as the natives I'm flying with in STL.

In my opinion, TWA would have folded had AA not purchased them. Everyone would have lost their job. My opinion only. With that premise, anyone at TWA that is still with AA is fortunate on some level. If they don't want the job, they can always look elsewhere.
Obviously the events after 9/11 were unforseen and horrible for many. The fact that there were furloughs of so many TWA pilots/employees still sucks.

By the way, grow up Pylut.

In my opinion, TWA would have folded had AA not purchased them. Everyone would have lost their job. My opinion only. With that premise, anyone at TWA that is still with AA is fortunate on some level. If they don't want the job, they can always look elsewhere.
Obviously the events after 9/11 were unforseen and horrible for many. The fact that there were furloughs of so many TWA pilots/employees still sucks.

By the way, grow up Pylut.

Well let's see....

We've already covered what your opinion is worth.

We've already covered this thrashing around like a bratty 7 year old.

As for your latest jab regarding growing up - I guess I could respond with something on your level which you would under stand like "I'm rubber your glue..." Hardly seems worth the effort however, so-

good "luck"

Latest resources

Back