Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kharma Police

Don't mess with Texas
Does anyone know if ALPA has actively tried to bring the American pilots back into the big family?

Are you joking?
During the AA purchase of TWA, APLO was running a membership campaign in Dallas to bring ALPO back to AA. All of this happening while ALPO national was telling the TWA pilot group that they had their back and was supporting our (TWA) efforts.

Correct.... and it nearly worked, too. We had close to 40% support from the membership. ALPA wanted a commitment of 50% before they put the recruiting machine in full motion. Then 9/11 happened and it kind of died away.

I think there is enough dissapointment with ALPA today that would prevent it from happening in the future. You never know, though.

Correct.... and it nearly worked, too. We had close to 40% support from the membership. ALPA wanted a commitment of 50% before they put the recruiting machine in full motion. Then 9/11 happened and it kind of died away.

I think there is enough dissapointment with ALPA today that would prevent it from happening in the future. You never know, though.

Thank you, I was not aware of the membership drive. I don't remember reading about it in AirLine Pilot magazine.

Thank you, I was not aware of the membership drive. I don't remember reading about it in AirLine Pilot magazine.

Well, it wasn't very publicized. We had a few higher ups at APA that were organizing the whole thing and distributing cards, but I suspect it was being kept quiet for obvious reasons.

Kickin' back, crackin' open a cold, frosty one... :D TC

Well, it wasn't very publicized. We had a few higher ups at APA that were organizing the whole thing and distributing cards, but I suspect it was being kept quiet for obvious reasons.
There were 3 or 4 domiciles that had passed resolutions of support for ALPA. The "drive" died with the AAPA concessionary deal.

Latest resources

Back