• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has ALPA tried to bring AA back?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now, now. According to our Rez-ident ALPA schill, we're just bitter old ex-TWA pilots. We just need to go away and let ALPA continue to thrive and gain industry-leading contracts for its pilots.

So let's get out there and volunteer for ALPA work! Come on! TC

No offense, but you TWA guys are like a flock of vultures that circle, using superhuman senses to spot any thread that has anything to do with AA. As soon as a thread is detected, you <swoop> in for the kill. You could have a thread titled "Will AA fly to Tel Aviv?" and within 4 postings, we'll be back to an AA/TWA steel death-cage match. :D

No offense, but you TWA guys are like a flock of vultures that circle, using superhuman senses to spot any thread that has anything to do with AA. As soon as a thread is detected, you <swoop> in for the kill. You could have a thread titled "Will AA fly to Tel Aviv?" and within 4 postings, we'll be back to an AA/TWA steel death-cage match. :D

Concerning this thread, the focus is anti ALPO and not anti AA. As far as your post goes, all I can say is if you experienced what the TWA pilot group had to endure, I'd bet my last dollar that your attitude would be much the same
IMHO. We do have super human ability though so you're not totally wrong.

Teamsters - ALPA - APA - ALPA - ALPA
My union affilitations in order by airline. All weak; management strong. Everybody complain; little change. All as f-ed up as the next. Management wins. Never too early for beer.

Well, it wasn't very publicized. We had a few higher ups at APA that were organizing the whole thing and distributing cards, but I suspect it was being kept quiet for obvious reasons.

I guess it depends on where you are based. In 2003 the NY domicile invited Duane Worth to a base meeting, the turn out was well over 150 in attendance.

Duane gave his sales pitch for APA to rejoin with ALPA, and fielded many questions...My question was "do you feel that the AA TWA merger of the pilot group was fair?" His answer was "YES....I would have had NO problem signing off on it".

ALPA also locked down the Eagle group and then sold them down the river in order to gain support of APA members. More pilots have sued ALPA than Lorenzo.

Latest resources

Back