• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream to fly Delta Connection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As of yesterday at 4:00PM, only 1 Brasilia parked at the hangar @FLL. No paint whatsoever on it. Ratty looking and all white...

Jetlink said:
And Gulfstream was allegedly obtaining all of COEX's ATRs, oh, and then it was our 120's, and 5 years since I have heard this....they have our 1900's and Skywest has our 120's in IAH.

Continental Express Express'
I guess you have to crawl out of your rock a little more often. The ATR deal died years ago. Fedex bought those POS ATR's you guys had.

As for the DL deal it is true. They are supposed to operate DL flights in the islands and inter-florida flights. I think the project was held back since they had a mass exodus of captains and some FO's so they had to focus on manning the CO schedule and so on.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's true or not, but if it IS, how ironic would it be that CHQ gets a taste of their own medicine.

Wonder what the Gulfstream FOs would pay an hour to log some EMB170 time.......

But it's ok, cause they'll get the growth and upgrade sooner that way........

CF34-3B1 said:
Don't know if it's true or not, but if it IS, how ironic would it be that CHQ gets a taste of their own medicine.

Wonder what the Gulfstream FOs would pay an hour to log some EMB170 time.......

But it's ok, cause they'll get the growth and upgrade sooner that way........
"D*mn it...I need to get hired quick then before I have to pay for a job like the rest of the Gulfwhores.!"

I REALLY don't mean to stir any pots here, BUT... I distinctly remember Comair & ASA being PFT in the not so distant past, or am I slightly confused. I personally know at least a half dozen dudes there that forked over a ton of dough for their jobs. Personally, I don't hold it against them. Just seems like throwing stones in the 'ol glass house by some of the ASA/Comair folks these days. This was going on as late as 1998 I believe, people sure do mount the high horse quickly. Yes, it has been 6 years now, but that places these guys in the left seats of a CRJ...

Just food for though... Not flame...

sig

you sound bitter that you cant get a job. professionalism is something that people take seriously in this profession and resorting to derogatory comments about a pilot is not a way to make friends.

I am a Gulfstream captain and the rumor is true. We have recieved 2 EMB 120's from ASA so far and the rest of the 7 confirmed will be on the way shortly. The first class of pilot training will be in September. Delta was down and did an audit for a Connection codeshare. The deal is still moving foreward. Rumor is that once it is signed, 5 or 6 more will be bought. They are being painted in generic Gulfstream colors so that they can be used for both Delta flights and Continental flights.

Are people going to pay for the right seat too OR are they actually going to hire first officers?

h25b said:
"D*mn it...I need to get hired quick then before I have to pay for a job like the rest of the Gulfwhores.!"

I REALLY don't mean to stir any pots here, BUT... I distinctly remember Comair & ASA being PFT in the not so distant past, or am I slightly confused. I personally know at least a half dozen dudes there that forked over a ton of dough for their jobs. Personally, I don't hold it against them. Just seems like throwing stones in the 'ol glass house by some of the ASA/Comair folks these days. This was going on as late as 1998 I believe, people sure do mount the high horse quickly. Yes, it has been 6 years now, but that places these guys in the left seats of a CRJ...

Just food for though... Not flame...
After a quick glance at the current seniority list, it looks like about 15% of pilots currently on property did PFT.

Our current (6 year old) contract partially reimbursed those who did PFT. I wasn't PFT (nice shot though) so I'm not sure of the actual % of payback, but I believe it's 50%. I know our current negotiations seek to raise that to 100% for the few remaining PFT pilots on property.

The fact that this pilot group stood up to end PFT and that kind of practice, instead of laying down to perpetuate it, as some current groups do, speaks volumes about the relative differences in character and general attitudes of the various "regional" pilot groups.

High horse? No, not really, but when a pilot group is down on its knees, I suppose anyone not willing to get down there with them looks pretty high.

Latest resources

Back