• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ifly4food

ifly4food.com
Hot off the rumor mill:

Gulfstream is acquiring ex-ASA EMB120s in Delta colors and will replace Chautauqua in MCO as a Delta Connection Carrier serving inter-Florida and the Islands. CHQ may also have a "greatly reduced presence" in DFW.

Anyone else heard this one yet that can confirm or deny? Maybe preparing for the arrival of CHQ's E170/190?

ifly4food said:
Hot off the rumor mill:

Gulfstream is acquiring ex-ASA EMB120s in Delta colors and will replace Chautauqua in MCO as a Delta Connection Carrier serving inter-Florida and the Islands. CHQ may also have a "greatly reduced presence" in DFW.

Anyone else heard this one yet that can confirm or deny? Maybe preparing for the arrival of CHQ's E170/190?
This rumor has been around for quite a while, but so far nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if Gulfstream acquired some of the EMB120's, but whether or not they fly for DL Connection is another story.

A reduction of CHQ flying in DFW makes sense since there's a decent chance that DL will be downsizing the DFW hub. I'd imagine those planes may be headed for CVG to backfill for the FRJ's (whose future seems cloudy).

Last edited:
Of course its true...It makes sense. Who wants to fly on brand new RJs when you can fly on a 10+ year old prop! Also, with the flights being full on 50 Seat RJs, it makes sense to reduce down to a 32 seat tprop.

MedFlyer said:
This rumor has been around for quite a while, but so far nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if Gulfstream acquired some of the EMB120's, but whether or not they fly for DL Connection is another story.

A reduction of CHQ flying in DFW makes sense since there's a decent chance that DL will be downsizing the DFW hub. I'd imagine those planes may be headed for CVG to backfill for the FRJ's (whose future seems cloudy).
The reduction will be with mainline aircraft. I wouldn't be surprised to actually see more flights out of DFW on Connection carriers with larger aircraft. Delta gate agents and ramp let go or moved to ASA with less pay and benefits. This all happens again in a few years when ASA employees cost to much.

And Gulfstream was allegedly obtaining all of COEX's ATRs, oh, and then it was our 120's, and 5 years since I have heard this....they have our 1900's and Skywest has our 120's in IAH.

Continental Express Express'

Gulfstream does have one EMB120 located at thier MX base in Fort Lauderdale. The aiplane, last I have seen, was painted with just Gulfstream Int. Airlines colors and logo. They are currently ramping up the training program for the aircraft and hope to have it online by late Sept. Supposedly addional 6 before the end of the year.

KingAirer said:
Of course its true...It makes sense. Who wants to fly on brand new RJs when you can fly on a 10+ year old prop! Also, with the flights being full on 50 Seat RJs, it makes sense to reduce down to a 32 seat tprop.

Gulfstream would be replacing 35 seat EMB135s flown by CHQ in MCO. Five less seats, same block time, and about half the cost. Sounds like a deal for Delta to me.

These were originally Comair Brasilia routes to begin with.

"Of course its true...It makes sense. Who wants to fly on brand new RJs when you can fly on a 10+ year old prop! Also, with the flights being full on 50 Seat RJs, it makes sense to reduce down to a 32 seat tprop."

Oh those couldnt be our old 120's, ours only had 30 seats. :p

Latest resources

Back