• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream to fly Delta Connection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay let me get this straight. Skyway is going to become a Delta Connection carrier. Now Gulfstream is going to become a Delta Connection carrier. Any other airlines out there want to become Delta Connection carrier??????

Heard a great deal about Skyway but not any of this other stuff.

ifly4food said:
Hot off the rumor mill:

Gulfstream is acquiring ex-ASA EMB120s in Delta colors and will replace Chautauqua in MCO as a Delta Connection Carrier serving inter-Florida and the Islands. CHQ may also have a "greatly reduced presence" in DFW.

Anyone else heard this one yet that can confirm or deny? Maybe preparing for the arrival of CHQ's E170/190?
Only in your WILDEST of your "damp" dreams...

Behold the future!

I can see it now, it will start with a small regional airline like Gulfstream, where the First Officers actually pay their employer for some on the job training.

Pretty soon all airlines will start the practice, and eventually the only airlines left standing will be the one where the captain gets paid $18/hr for flight time and the First Officer pays $18/hr for on the job training.

This will savior of the beleagered airline industry. ZERO pilot cost!!

I need to go into management.

Of course, there is absolutely no possiblity that Gulfscam just bought some ex-ASA Brasilias and have not got around to repainting them yet, is there?

I think that there is some truth to this rumor. I have it on good authority that Delta execs were down at Gulfstream about 3 weeks ago and gave the operation a decent evaluation and compliance "to-do" list before becoming a Delta Connection carrier. My source did not have a time table but felt that there was a good chance that the deal go through.

I agree that the information is vague but I would not be surprised, given the "cut costs at any costs" attitude in the industry, if we eventually saw Gulfstream turboprops with Delta colors.

regionalhell said:
I can see it now, it will start with a small regional airline like Gulfstream, where the First Officers actually pay their employer for some on the job training.

Pretty soon all airlines will start the practice, and eventually the only airlines left standing will be the one where the captain gets paid $18/hr for flight time and the First Officer pays $18/hr for on the job training.

This will savior of the beleagered airline industry. ZERO pilot cost!!

I need to go into management.
D*mn it...I need to get hired quick then before I have to pay for a job like the rest of the Gulfwhores.!

Gulfstream airlines a DC?

I thought Delta posted they wanted an increase in customer service?? Gulfstream?? Okay, whatever.

Cyclonic said:
I think that there is some truth to this rumor. I have it on good authority that Delta execs were down at Gulfstream about 3 weeks ago and gave the operation a decent evaluation and compliance "to-do" list before becoming a Delta Connection carrier. My source did not have a time table but felt that there was a good chance that the deal go through.

I agree that the information is vague but I would not be surprised, given the "cut costs at any costs" attitude in the industry, if we eventually saw Gulfstream turboprops with Delta colors.

I heard this too. And I have several "very good" sources at both Gulfstream and DCI.

Latest resources

Back