• Secure Permanent Hire Seniority
• Acquire Airline Pass Rights
• Build Over 1,250 Flight Hours For As
Little As $39 Per Hour
• Receive ATP And Type Rating
• Obtain Captain Upgrade
• Assure Career Path To Left Seat "

Sad, Truly Sad!!

I'll tell you what is sad; looking at their website periodically looking for this kinda crap.

Who friggin cares.

You can believe Johnny Ornstein/crooked stocktrader/CEO of Mesa keeps an eye upon the idiots in the flying proffesion. Most likly a bidding war could break out among these Titans of U.S. Commercial Aviation for access to these morons. I can see it now. "Captain for 35.00 per. hour, special deal for individuals with cash today"

When is someone going to step in and regulate this garbage. This industry is the wild, wild west.

suupah said:
When is someone going to step in and regulate this garbage. This industry is the wild, wild west.
Pilots are WHORES........PERIOD. We are our own worst enemy!

sheesh.....if they make a list of pilots that do this, they wont even need passengers!

searching said:
Who friggin cares.
We all should care. It's programs like this--programs that replace paid pilot positions with "pay for time" positions--that are throwing this industry into a downward spiral. Why should an airline pay pilots when there are eager hopefuls willing to drop $100K for the exact same job?

I met a pilot while I was in sim training who was an ex-Gulfstream "pilot". He was openly proud of being "prior 121", and even more proud of his position as a Colgan SF-340 FO. Which, I might add, he needed to sign a training contract for. No, he wasn't 21 years old. He was in his 30's. So don't use the "young and naive" argument here.

It is true. We are our own worst enemies. For every one of us maintaining integrity while trying to make this into a decent career, there is another who is in it for the stigma and here to "just have some fun."

FlyChicaga said:
We all should care. It's programs like this--programs that replace paid pilot positions with "pay for time" positions--that are throwing this industry into a downward spiral. Why should an airline pay pilots when there are eager hopefuls willing to drop $100K for the exact same job?

I met a pilot while I was in sim training who was an ex-Gulfstream "pilot". He was openly proud of being "prior 121", and even more proud of his position as a Colgan SF-340 FO. Which, I might add, he needed to sign a training contract for. No, he wasn't 21 years old. He was in his 30's. So don't use the "young and naive" argument here.

It is true. We are our own worst enemies. For every one of us maintaining integrity while trying to make this into a decent career, there is another who is in it for the stigma and here to "just have some fun."
I'll drink to that.

Latest resources

Back