Gulfstream selling LEFT SEAT now!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jetbluedog said:
A friend of mine wrote about this PFT crap several years ago.
www.squawk7700.net
The book is still being sold I think. Should have received more attention than it did.
That's a great book, one of my professors at Riddle recommended it highly and so do I.

I'm new to this site and have read a little bit about the pro's and con's that all of you have posted here on PFT. But let me ask one simple question. If I had 25K sitting around and wanted to buy my own airplane to fly circles around by myself and worry about the upkeep. why should or should'nt I pay to PFT school like gulfstream to get me some real experiance in the 121 environment and move one with some great turbine experiance instead of single piston time that is not that is not as quality. Just a thought. No disrespect to anyone that built there time in pistons you also earned what you've accomplished maybe it took a little longer. Much respect

SDCFI said:
That is pretty funny though. Why are you pissed? Is it because someone with a fat checkbook is taking a job you feel they don't deserve? Or is it because you spent all your money to be an F/O and now can't afford the left seat?
hahahaha. It's probably the truth.

BTW MR. Russian, is this quote part of your pax briefing???

"If you throw up in a plane, stay on the ground. If you get dizzy in a plane, stay on the ground. If you are a pilot who refuses to do aerobatics, you are not a pilot. GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!"

Last edited:
Squawk 7700

Rhoid said:
That's a great book, one of my professors at Riddle recommended it highly and so do I.
What your ERAU prof failed to tell you is a vanity press published the book - meaning that the author paid a publisher to print the book. In other words, he could not interest a legitimate publisher, such as Random House or Doubleday, in his book. So, the book is of questionable value. The book would have credibility if it were backed by a legitimate publisher.

There are untold numbers of would-be authors who submit manupscripts to legitimate publishers, only to have them rejected. Anyone can write anything and pay to have it published. Sort of like P-F-T. Anyone can pay for training, i.e. buy a job. Not everyone can qualify for a job and be hired conventionally.

Last edited:
The Three-Headed P-F-T Monster

Lineup&wt said:
why should or should'nt I pay to PFT school like gulfstream to get me some real experiance in the 121 environment and move one with some great turbine experiance instead of single piston time that is not that is not as quality.
Try searching "P-F-T" on the board for all the arguments. I'll try to summarize my opinions.

1. It all boils down it being just a job. No one should pay for a job. There is a self-esteem and pride component here. Aviation is the only industry I know where some companies sell jobs. If you work hard enough and build your experience, and the experience does not necessarily have to be 121 turbine, you will eventually qualify for jobs for which you don't have to pay. Isn't ExpressJet now hiring street FOs with 1300 total-200 multi - and the airline is taking applications. Those mins are really very low in comparison to years ago. Moreover, you can go to Delta Connection Academy (Comair) or MAPD to be trained and be in line for airline interviews - without the stigma of having paid for a job.

2. P-F-T has ripoff and fraud potential. You are paying a potential employer to train you - with the real possibility, for anyone, of failing your training. How do you know that the company is looking out for your best interests when its real interest is to make money? The P-F-T outfit has a clear conflict of interest. In other words, the place could wash you out arbitrarily and keep your money. Go search Regional Airline Academy on the board for examples.

3. P-F-T demeans pilots overall. Management has no interest in treating pilots fairly and like men/women when it can get all the pilots it needs by selling jobs. By P-F-Ting, you indicate to the employer that you will tolerate unfair treatment and BOHICA. Succumbing to the sales pitches of P-F-T operators harms the cause of fair treatment of pilots.

I'll reiterate. There is no jealously, bitterness, pity-seeking, envy or rancor here. I would submit the ones who are jealous, bitter, pity-seeking, envious or rancorous are those who P-F-T'd because no one would hire them for free. Those who resort to personal attacks instead of facts and persuasion to try to get at anti-P-F-Ters are similarly troubled.

Once again, go search under "P-F-T" for more discussion.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back