Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
de727ups said:
"
Why are the two PCL Capts I've talked to at JC toolboxes but the ones that you know who like flying with streamers are okay?

Look if you have an issue with GI... fine...

But when it comes to your fellow pilot, it doesn't matter....

It doesn't matter if they are Gulf Int'l, white, black, Arab, female, interns, freight dogs, CFI's, etc....

You support your fellow pilot....

It is all about attitude. If your fellow pilot has a bad attitude, it doesn't give you carte blance to respond in kind... Rather, use a postive attitude to correct them....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
As a pilot or employee there isn't much you can do about a GI pilot in your airplane. Since the GI pilots still exist and are not defending the profession why don't you defend the profession..call you supervisor and refuse to fly with them....

Sharp for a 500 pilot.... sure. But why would I epxect a pilot to be someone he isn't? A 500 pilot is a sponge. I can show him the right way...be a guide and a mentor. Or I can be a toolbox like the two clowns you know. How do you expect a GI pilot to respond attitude wise when they fly with a guy who loaths them? All your buddies are doing is turning these GI pilots into bitter clowns that will fly your family

The issue is GI is bad for the profession. What are you doing to stop the GI program in general? Are you contacting the company? No all, you got is bitter for fellow pilots.

And how do GI pilots really effect you? Don't say they lower the bar, because that is all done between the company and the union...

IOW, pay is so low at PCL that the company offered a signing bonus...

Someone could submit an article to the USA Today or 20/20 and let them investigate. A lot of pax think they are getting on a Beech 1900 with highly qualified pilots at the controls due to the fact that their ticket was purchased through Continental. How do you think pax would react knowing that the kid in the right seat does not have enough experience to fly for any other airline out there. How about the fact that the first officer is a paying paseenger also?

How do you think pax would react knowing that the kid in the right seat does not have enough experience to fly for any other airline out there. How about the fact that the first officer is a paying paseenger also?

I really don't think they give a $hit! As long as the ticket is cheap!

These low time pilots who couldn't get a job at any other airline are flying the smallest aircraft in 121 service. In fact, the airplane can be operated single pilot (just not in a 121 operation). These low time pilots are appropriately trained and possess the appropriate FAA pilot certifications and medical certificates. In lieu of Gulfstream, these pilots could be responsible for teaching another individual how to fly with the same amount of limited experience. Which is the greater evil?

Look if you have an issue with GI... fine...

But when it comes to your fellow pilot, it doesn't matter....

It doesn't matter if they are Gulf Int'l, white, black, Arab, female, interns, freight dogs, CFI's, etc....

You support your fellow pilot....

It is all about attitude. If your fellow pilot has a bad attitude, it doesn't give you carte blance to respond in kind... Rather, use a postive attitude to correct them....

Well said Rez. de727 has a poor attitude towards others. He has been this way since before I joined this board.

As a CA at GIA, I do my best to mold the newbies into the industry. I have had some good results. I have met some fantastic pilots with excellent knowledge. I have also made friends for life. I am not ashamed of where I came from or how I entered this industry. The people who make these types of comments have never even seen the GAA building or hung out with a GIA guy or gal before to get the real scoop.

hockeymoron44 said:
the FAA shut down their flight school because it was unsafe?

That is not true. I worked closely with the FAA to ensure that this did not happen. We were never even threatened by the FAA to be shut down. I was in charge of the pilot-to-mx squawk paperwork and communication. I did the test flights on all of the major repair work. The instructor group and myself worked very hard to build a 141 syllabus and even attempted to obtain examining authority. The instructors there were some of the finest pilots I ever flew with. I take great pride in the work that I did at Gulfstream Academy as an instructor. Thanks for your uneducated words.

Why don't you guys express anger towards the airlines that contract with Gulfstream to do their flying. Obviously these airlines are aware of the pilot situation. I'm not a pilot with nor have I trained with Gulfstream and I must say that treating or not speaking to those who do fly for them is pure childish. Grow up people! There are better ways to deal with this problem.

"de727 has a poor attitude towards others"

They love me at the other board. Even made me a moderator.

Here's a newsflash for you. Gulfstream style PFJ is not popular amongst the masses. I think for good reason. Once you leave the bubble your in, you'll see that, if you don't already understand it. The testimonial page is full of CAL scabs raving about the place, plus, I've heard a scab owns it. Is that true? Does having so many scabs involved bother you?

Ahh...I better stop now lest I be accused of having a poor attitude towards others...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back