• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who really cares how people get to where they are. It is really no ones business. I think Gulfstream is a very very small percentage of the problem with this industry if any at all.

It's a huge problem. If people will pay to occupy a seat on a 1900 that is REQUIRED to be manned by a qualified crewmember, what's to stop some scumbag from deciding this could work in an RJ next? Then what, a 737?

Cadillac said:
So where are you PCL 128?

Oh, I'm right here watching all of the ignorant fools behave like a bunch of moronic twits. It's quite entertaining, actually. But by all means, continue with your constant GIA bashing. It's not like there's anything more important going on in the industry that affects more than 250 pilot jobs. Yep, that's right; for all of the GIA bashing that goes on around here, there are only 250 total pilots that work at GIA at any given time. Meanwhile, HoJet is busting ALPA on the TSA property, pensions are being raided, contracts are being gutted to finance outrageous CEO compensation packages, politicians are pushing for cabatoge, and NWA management is trying their best to ruin what little is left of scope protections. Yeah, those 250 pilots at GIA are really the problem here. :rolleyes:

Just because there are other problems in the industry doesn't lessen the severity of the problem that is "GULFSTREAM INTERNATIONAL". Now with EMB-120's. Maybe you'll get some of those 69 RJ's from Expressjet? Larry K. and the boys won't mind if the FO's fly for free!

Alchemy said:
Just because there are other problems in the industry doesn't lessen the severity of the problem that is "GULFSTREAM INTERNATIONAL".

No disagreement there. However, the people on this board spend 10 times the energy bashing GIA than they do discussing the really important issues that affect all of us like foreign ownership and age-60. The reason is simple: it takes no brain power or industry saavy to yell "GIA pilots suck," but it does to discuss the complexities of the real issues like pension reform. Most pilots are simply too lazy to study the important issues, and would rather scream and yell about something almost trivial like GIA. GIA certainly isn't a good place, but it's really not negatively affecting the industry like the fools on this board proclaim. Other things really are causing problems in this industry though, and they are being ignored because everyone is too focused on the red herring that is GIA. Get informed on the real issues and stop getting all worked up over a couple dozen planes in south Florida. That SCAB Cooper will be dead in a few years anyway, and GIA will probably cease to exist. It's really not worth getting that upset over.

Alchemy said:
It's a huge problem. If people will pay to occupy a seat on a 1900 that is REQUIRED to be manned by a qualified crewmember, what's to stop some scumbag from deciding this could work in an RJ next? Then what, a 737?

Yea, like being paid roughly $20 bucks an hour to fly as 40-50 passengers in a jet airliner painted in the same color of the mainline carrier. Would like to bet which is causing more of a problem for me?

AAflyer

What about paying to play at companies like Comair back in the mid 90s. The rationale I heard was everyone was doing it so it was OK. Eagle wasn't, Skywest wan't, Alleghany wasn't, Horizon wasn't. They are a lot more industry variables that are effecting pilots than Gulfstream. What about Aeroservices in MIA. Buy 747 type and you might get a job at Southern?

If paint jobs are so important to you, yes, Gulfstream does fly around with a Continental livery.

So you're saying it's just as bad to get paid 23 bucks an hour to fly for a regional jet in mainline's colors as it is to get nothing to fly a turboprop in mainline's colors? And let's see....that 22 bucks is how much less than starting pay at mainline on the 737....wow 8 dollars less. Geeze, what a disservice we are doing to the industry by actually wanting to be paid to do a job. Mainline scoped the flying to us, we didn't make them do it. If you want to try and get the 50 seaters back at mainline on your next contract, more power to you! Try to bring the turboprops back too while you're at it! I honestly hope you're successful! The only thing we can do now is try to bring the pay up on the planes you scoped away once upon a time!

Hockeypilot44, your right on.

Back in my flight instructing days there were several students that quit college to go to GIA. Every last one of them quit because they could not cut it at a part 141 school. (as if its that hard) These were the students that consistantly failed stage checks and pinked checkrides. If these morons could not even make it through a part 141 school, how in the hell can they make though training to fly for a part 135 or 121 carrier? The scary part is that most of these idiots are flying RJ's now.

"Oh, I'm right here watching all of the ignorant fools behave like a bunch of moronic twits."

Guess I'm happy to be in the ignorant fool catagory. Did you do their program but now feel it was a mistake? I've noticed how you're all pro-union now. Just want to forget about Gulfstream. The Gulfstream program is a blight to the career. Quit trying to sweep it under the rug. You wanna say it was a mistake then I'd have some respect for you but trying to minimize what it stands for it a joke. You can't explain yourself around that by bringing up other problems. Nice try though...

People that do the Gulfstream program should be treated with extreme prejudice by all professional pilots who work for a living.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back