Gulfstream International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
Guy went to _______, stayed to upgrade to Capt. got his 1000PIC and is now at FedEx.

Put pretty much any airline in the blank above and you'd probably be able to find somebody that it applies to.

Its just like fantasy baseball camp.

You get to wear the unifrom, play in a major league ballpark, but once the time is up. You're out.

"Most are in it for themselves, have no degree, and are pieces of sh*t."

It is apparent that you don't know too much. I flew at Gulfstream for 3 1/2 years. I have a Bachelors of Science in Aerospace Engineering. In fact, so does one of the checkairman there.

"I fly in south Florida and very rarely do I ever get any IFR."

You don't really fly for an airline, do you? Have you shot an ILS to minimums because it is raining so hard you can barely see and have a 25 knot direct crosswind. Been there, done that. I'm not saying I'm some superpilot, but that is normal in the summer in Florida.

"Most are pilot wannabes that have to think there experience at Gulfstream was the best ever due to the fact that they will still be paying off their loans twenty years from now."

And, what, CFI's don't have loans for just as much?

You really need to get a life and focus on something. If you stress that much about something like Gulfstream, I hardly think you will make it to the left seat, much less to the age of 60, without having a heart attack.

NoBathroom said:
You don't really fly for an airline, do you? Have you shot an ILS to minimums because it is raining so hard you can barely see and have a 25 knot direct crosswind. Been there, done that. I'm not saying I'm some superpilot, but that is normal in the summer in Florida.

Keep patting yourself on the back there stud. I've got a few years of Florida time and it's pretty easy flying. Try a few circling approaches in snowstorms to an icy runway in the mountain west and then tell me how tough that ILS with a crosswind is. Even the thunderstorms in Florida pale in comparison to what you experience in the plains states. Florida gets mostly airmass type thunderstorms that form easily with all the humidity. In dryer climates thunderstorms have a lot more energy. I'm not recommending anyone fly into t-storms anywhere but I've lived and flown in Florida and flown extensively in the mountain states, Pacific Northwest, and west coast, and recall Florida as being some of the easiest flying from an operational standpoint. With the exception of the squall line generated thunderstorms and tornadoes Florida isn't exactly noted for wx related challenges.

"Keep patting yourself on the back there stud."

Dave - I've done the VOR approach to MTJ with the circle to land, to minimums, in a snowstorm.

NoBathroom said:
"Keep patting yourself on the back there stud."

Dave - I've done the VOR approach to MTJ with the circle to land, to minimums, in a snowstorm.

I've landed in TPA with heavy showers and the vis going just south of 1800 after the FAF w/ a 30 kn crosswind. I'd rather do that than a circle into MTJ at mins. That's just me. Personally I don't care much for winter ops in the Rockies.

I've shot an approach to your mom... It's an easy approach, but go missed and theres no way to keep terrain clearance.

Hey no Bathroom, Stud, or K.J. or who ever you are keep shoting those approaches. Give me a call sometime if you know who this is.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back