Gulfstream International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave Benjamin said:
Even the thunderstorms in Florida pale in comparison to what you experience in the plains states. Florida gets mostly airmass type thunderstorms that form easily with all the humidity. In dryer climates thunderstorms have a lot more energy. I'm not recommending anyone fly into t-storms anywhere but I've lived and flown in Florida and flown extensively in the mountain states, Pacific Northwest, and west coast, and recall Florida as being some of the easiest flying from an operational standpoint. With the exception of the squall line generated thunderstorms and tornadoes Florida isn't exactly noted for wx related challenges.

I agree...I've pulled crap near thunderstorms flying in Florida that probably would have gotten me killed here in Missouri.

Though, I'll be honest, its pretty damn cold outside right now and I'd love to be in Florida flying around right now.

I have yet to meet a gulfstream pilot i considered, smart or eaven sharp. They are usualy the outcast and total moron in the basic indoc classes when they stumble into a real airline. The lack of knowlege is scary. flying a Beech in florida is a cake walk. Flying a CRJ one of the few cat D aircraft in the Northeast with a Gulfstream grad next to you is hard. And for the record i would like to see more GS bashing on this site its the only thing that gets my blood going.

jws717 - It says you are an FO? If that is true, you may want to look in the mirror when you say it is difficult to fly with someone.

Hockeypilot44. I agree with you all the way.

I had the misfortune of meeting one of these former gulfstream flight students, (let's call it what it is when you pay for the use of an airplane,) on the way to my interview. This amazing jerk-off told me he finished the program at gulfstream AND told me that we needed to do more to raise the bar on pilot salaries. In the SAME SENTENCE!!! Blew my fricking mind. He washed out of training several weeks later.

Doug Parker, that is funny. So where are you PCL 128?

hockeypilot44 said:
I think it is funny how a kid will pay Gulfstream International to fly a Beech 1900 that flies paying passengers and makes money, then turns around and expects a regional airline like Pinnacle to pay him/her to do the same thing that he/she paid Gulfstream to do. Does anyone else care that Gulfstream is owned by an Eastern scab or that the FAA shut down their flight school because it was unsafe? Given all these things, someone that went there will bitch about how he/she cannot pay his/her bills because of Pinnacle's low pay and his/her 30,000 dollar loan. These are the same douchebags that use "I'm an airline pilot" as a pick-up line at the bars. Does anyone else care that it was two Gulfstream pilots that took a CRJ up to FL410, then killed themselves or that two other Gulfstream pilots ran an aircraft off the runway in MKE about a month later, took out some lights, then tried to proceed as if nothing ever happened? At my airline, the two most hated captains are from Gulfstream. Myself and many others pref bid to not fly with them because they are that bad. These are the type of pilots that would cross a picket line or take a job at *************************s just to try and get ahead. Most are in it for themselves, have no degree, and are pieces of sh*t. That's why I would never PFT. I have pride in everything I do even if I do not make that much money. I fly in south Florida and very rarely do I ever get any IFR. Flying a Beech 1900 VFR all day from the right seat is not as great experience as these kids think. Most are pilot wannabes that have to think there experience at Gulfstream was the best ever due to the fact that they will still be paying off their loans twenty years from now. There, that made me feel better. Flame away losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you wash out without a refund?

What does having a degree have anything to do with airmanship?

To spit on someone's grave regardless as to what fatal mistake they made is truly in low class and hope your superior-airman college degree abilities keep you from making the same mistakes.

Your remark about pick up lines I find amusing because some douchebag was using that very same pick up line in a bar a few weeks ago and it was coming from a degree-holding Riddle Grad.

Last edited:
jws717 said:
I have yet to meet a gulfstream pilot i considered, smart or eaven sharp. They are usualy the outcast and total moron in the basic indoc classes when they stumble into a real airline. The lack of knowlege is scary. flying a Beech in florida is a cake walk. Flying a CRJ one of the few cat D aircraft in the Northeast with a Gulfstream grad next to you is hard. And for the record i would like to see more GS bashing on this site its the only thing that gets my blood going.

Really?? flying a CRJ is hard in the Northeast. Whats hard about it? plugging the approach into the fms then going green needles and hitting approach mode on the autopilot.. Or is it configuring on speed. If u get behind the A/C then yeah its hard but if u know what to do and expect it is easy.. until u come in and land on a slick runway then its just fun..

Does the cat D scare you..would you like to your approach speed a little slower ahh poor baby....

jws717 said:

You fly a CRJ with a real airline?

It's hard to fly with a GIA grad sitting next to you on your left?

Where did the autopilot on your shiny real-airline CRJ graduate from?

I may not agree that what GIA does is right and that all grads there are Chuck Yeagers but to sit there from your FO job and criticize something that you have no idea as to what you are talking about makes you an even bigger loser than the 19 year old MySpace Skywest captain. Do yourself a favor junior, drink your milk and cookies and go kiss your mommy goodnight.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back