• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Here's a newsflash for you. Gulfstream style PFJ is not popular amongst the masses. I think for good reason. Once you leave the bubble your in, you'll see that, if you don't already understand it. "

Just about every person I've met who has the same opinion of Gulfstream as de727ups is misinformed, envious, or "just plane weird". :)

"The two PCL capts I know loathe the guys."
Are these among the folks that were hired as "off the street captains"? Must be hard to see the ex-GIA upgrade CA's bid hard lines, instead of reserve.

"People that do the Gulfstream program should be treated with extreme prejudice by all professional pilots who work for a living."

I personally know 2 DAL FE's who each did 500 hours at GIA so they could fly right seat. Gee if only the DAL mainline guys knew. de727ups, phone up the DALPA union let 'em know, be sure to include the extreme prejudice crap too in your tirade!

The testimonial page is full of CAL scabs raving about the place, plus, I've heard a scab owns it. Is that true? Does having so many scabs involved bother you?

Someone phone the Teamsters local 747 up. I'm sure they'll be shocked to learn about the "scabs".

Oh yeah, de727ups, be sure to blab your Gulfstream hatred to your fellow pilots on the line, you might be surprised to find out your Check Airman or Instructor was a graduate of GIA.

"Someone could submit an article to the USA Today or 20/20 and let them investigate. A lot of pax think they are getting on a Beech 1900 with highly qualified pilots at the controls due to the fact that their ticket was purchased through Continental."

Oh yeah, a conspiracy theorist! Wow, hurry the news media might have a scoop! Maybe ABC will put their chat room pedophiles investigation on hold so that they can expose the nasty PFJ epidemic. Gees maybe Oprah can do a show on PFT, have de727ups as a guest on her Oprah's book club segment. Dang, she now doublechecks her guests credentials and stories, might not be a good idea 727.

It's hard to believe de727ups is "a professional pilot who flies for a living". LMAO!

It's hard to believe de727ups is "a professional pilot who flies for a living". LMAO!
Agreed! Maybe I should report his posts like he did to me two years ago when he didn't "like" my tone. de727 you are way out of line.

de727ups said:
"de727 has a poor attitude towards others"

They love me at the other board. Even made me a moderator.

Now you are somebody! Buy yourself an ice cream!

Gulfstream style PFJ is not popular amongst the masses.

You speak for the masses?

I think for good reason. Once you leave the bubble your in, you'll see that, if you don't already understand it.

You may or may not be right. However, again, what are YOU really going to do about except, blow smoke on a message board. No worries, when/if the industry turns around and descretionary income and growth are back, spewing hate like this will not be in vogue.

The testimonial page is full of CAL scabs raving about the place, plus, I've heard a scab owns it. Is that true? Does having so many scabs involved bother you?

Scabs have thier place in hell. However, scabs don't define the individuals that fly at GIA. There are scabs at Airtran, but the professional pilots that I know there have nothning to do with those guys. Same with the scabs at CAL. There is a pedaphile that lives in your neighborhood, what does that say about you?

Ahh...I better stop now lest I be accused of having a poor attitude towards others...

You've been called on your bad attitude already, now you are just telling yourself....

I count about 20 scabs at UPS..... what does that say about you?

Last edited:
"Are these among the folks that were hired as "off the street captains"

One for sure wasn't. The other might have been. What does that have to do with it again?

"Gee if only the DAL mainline guys knew"

If you explain to them that the Gulfstream program is one where people pay money so they can gain experience as an airline pilot at an airline, they don't believe it. Really, I've seen it happen. I'm confident that your average DAL or UPS guy isn't impressed with PFJ. There is a percentage that would say, "Whatever, however you get your experience to get qualifed is fine. Do what you have to do". However, the vast majority would see it as a bad practice and a bad way to enter the industry. Do you really doubt that? The guy who started jetcareers is a DAL line guy, ask him what he thinks of Gulfstream. Better yet, come over there and start a Gulfstream thread. It's great entertainment when it happens.

"you might be surprised to find out your Check Airman or Instructor was a graduate of GIA"

You're right, I would be surprised.

"It's hard to believe de727ups is "a professional pilot who flies for a living". LMAO!"

Believe it. 833 at UPS.

"Agreed! Maybe I should report his posts like he did to me two years ago when he didn't "like" my tone. de727 you are way out of line"

I don't remember doing that. Can you refresh my memory? I left this site for a while because there is no "line", here, unlike jetcareers and APC. Came back cause I love talking about this stuff with you guys. Anyhow, report away...

Believe it. 833 at UPS.

I knew someone where I worked, that swore up and down they had won the powerball lottery. Couldn't prove it, along with other wild claims. You could say you are number 1 at UPS, or Fedex, or any other airline, heck you could say you're Santa Claus, being anonymous allows you to do that. Based on your previous posts, I'm inclined to believe you make stuff up.

Really, I've seen it happen. I'm confident that your average DAL or UPS guy isn't impressed with PFJ. There is a percentage that would say, "Whatever, however you get your experience to get qualifed is fine. Do what you have to do". However, the vast majority would see it as a bad practice and a bad way to enter the industry.

Early 90's, many regionals were PFT, ASA, Comair, to name a couple. How many of those folks went on to the majors? UPS, Fed Ex?
Seems like a heck of alot of people.

You seem to think GIA FO's upon completion of their 250 hours automatically get hired. I beg to differ. Ability, attitude, and timing all have to be aligned at the right moment to get a permanent position. I think you were one of the many that had problems with the first two.

"Early 90's, many regionals were PFT"

That was where you paid for your own initial ground training if you wanted to work there. A little different than paying for flight time in airliner that says Continental on the side of it. However, the practice of 90's PFT went away with supply and demand and union pressure. This was a good thing. Gulfstream is a bad thing. Bringing up the PFT of the 90's hardly disproves that.

"You seem to think GIA FO's upon completion of their 250 hours automatically get hired"

Really, I didn't know that. Would you like to guess a percentage that don't? How would that make you feel. I mean, to PFJ and then not be able to get a job. Wonder how many of those guys are still pro-Gulfstream.

By the way, there are two guys at the other board than did Gulfstream and now advise against the program. Are they somehow as misinformed and "hate spewing" as me or just expressing their honest opinion, kinda like me.

"It's hard to believe de727ups is "a professional pilot who flies for a living"
"Based on your previous posts, I'm inclined to believe you make stuff up"

Anybody else here think I'm not number 833 at UPS like this guy?

Anybody else here think I'm not number 833 at UPS like this guy?

How about, I'm convinced you think you're 833 at UPS.
Happy flying, Santa.

If I remember the lyric correctly from Don Henley's song , "I'm an expert witness because I say I am" .

"How about, I'm convinced you think you're 833 at UPS"

What made you change your mind?

"de727ups- what do you hope to gain by your posts?"

A few things....

One, you pro-Gulfstream guys are foaming at the mouth and I find that darned amusing and entertaining. Please don't stop....

Second, just maybe, and I've seen it happen before, some kid who is thinking of Gulfstream will see why it's a bad idea and look beyond the webpage or a job at Pinnacle.

Third, the silent masses really do abhor PFJ and what it stands for. Again, if you're not sure about that come over to jetcareers and ask. Explain PFJ to your random major pilot and see what they say.

Fourth, scabs seem to have a lot to do with Gulfstream. Correct me if I'm wrong. I just want to make sure everyone understands that so I keep talking about it.

Fifth, can't think of anything right now but I'll work on it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back