Gulfstream International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alchemy said:
It's a huge problem. If people will pay to occupy a seat on a 1900 that is REQUIRED to be manned by a qualified crewmember, what's to stop some scumbag from deciding this could work in an RJ next? Then what, a 737?
Duh.. a 737! yep. they got that too...check this out. http://www.eaglejet.net/

The world of PFT, they will send you to Africa or China to get your experience...

jeroom said:
Duh.. a 737! yep. they got that too...check this out. http://www.eaglejet.net/

The world of PFT, they will send you to Africa or China to get your experience...

THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS...who the hell would do that... Gulfstream ok maybe but this is just ridicoulous. Its unreal actually selling PIC time in a 737-400 That is some crazy sh1t hopefully you didnt give anyone any ideas. I hope no one actually does that. And for those low time 300 pilots it even tells them they can log PIC when they are flying as SIC.. Where did they get that from??

People that do the Gulfstream program should be treated with extreme prejudice by all professional pilots who work for a living.

So, I guess you are the standard for a professional pilot. So, because I was born in to a poor white family in Los Angeles, and went into the USMC at eighteen. Served for 20 years, Columbia, gulf war, Bosnia, Kosivo, I have no right to be here?

To bad you never got to do any thing else, but this.
If I were you, I'd probably be bitter to........

de727ups said:
I've noticed how you're all pro-union now. Just want to forget about Gulfstream. The Gulfstream program is a blight to the career. Quit trying to sweep it under the rug. You wanna say it was a mistake then I'd have some respect for you but trying to minimize what it stands for it a joke.
Take a look at my old posts and you'll find many times where I did say it was a mistake. In fact, I believe you and I discussed this on the JetCareers board a number of months ago and I said the same thing. GIA was a big mistake and I don't disagree at all that PFT is bad for the industry. However, that doesn't change my posts in this thread. PFT may be bad for the industry, but it's not a very important issue right now with all of the other things going on in the industry. If PFT was wide-spread now like it was in the early to mid 90s then maybe all of this focus on PFT on flightinfo would be justified, but with just a couple of very small companies doing it, it's just not that important in the current environment. We have much more important things to worry about than PFT.

People that do the Gulfstream program should be treated with extreme prejudice by all professional pilots who work for a living.
If you treat someone who made an honest mistake in going to GIA with "extreme prejudice," then you aren't a professional.

jws717 said:
I have yet to meet a gulfstream pilot i considered, smart or eaven sharp. They are usualy the outcast and total moron in the basic indoc classes when they stumble into a real airline. The lack of knowlege is scary. flying a Beech in florida is a cake walk. Flying a CRJ one of the few cat D aircraft in the Northeast with a Gulfstream grad next to you is hard. And for the record i would like to see more GS bashing on this site its the only thing that gets my blood going.

The PCL Capts that I have spoken to say the GI FO's are pretty sharp....

As an FO how can you speak to the issue when you have never flown with a GI pilot in a jet. In addition, if you put the GI pilots on guard they will naturally be defensive...

As long as you can jackboot the GI pilots you won't have to worry about your own performance.... that is the premise at least.... right...?

"If you treat someone who made an honest mistake in going to GIA with "extreme prejudice," then you aren't a professional."

If they admit is was a mistake, then no. I didn't see that in this thread, you'll need to keep reminding us.

"The PCL Capts that I have spoken to say the GI FO's are pretty sharp...."

Pretty sharp for a 500 hour pilot, maybe. The two PCL capts I know loathe the guys. Anyhow, how "sharp" they are isn't the issue. The issue is they participated in a program that makes a mockery of the profession by having you pay 30K to "build experience" as a required cockpit crewmember in a 121 passenger airline that says Continental on the side of it. You can't argue that isn't a BAD for the profession as a whole.

The Gulfstream website says they placed 450 pilots in jobs in the last two years.

de727ups said:
Pretty sharp for a 500 hour pilot, maybe. The two PCL capts I know loathe the guys. Anyhow, how "sharp" they are isn't the issue. The issue is they participated in a program that makes a mockery of the profession by having you pay 30K to "build experience" as a required cockpit crewmember in a 121 passenger airline that says Continental on the side of it. You can't argue that isn't a BAD for the profession as a whole. .

As a pilot or employee there isn't much you can do about a GI pilot in your airplane. Since the GI pilots still exist and are not defending the profession why don't you defend the profession..call you supervisor and refuse to fly with them....

Sharp for a 500 pilot.... sure. But why would I epxect a pilot to be someone he isn't? A 500 pilot is a sponge. I can show him the right way...be a guide and a mentor. Or I can be a toolbox like the two clowns you know. How do you expect a GI pilot to respond attitude wise when they fly with a guy who loaths them? All your buddies are doing is turning these GI pilots into bitter clowns that will fly your family

The issue is GI is bad for the profession. What are you doing to stop the GI program in general? Are you contacting the company? No all, you got is bitter for fellow pilots.

And how do GI pilots really effect you? Don't say they lower the bar, because that is all done between the company and the union...

IOW, pay is so low at PCL that the company offered a signing bonus...

PeanuckleCRJ said:
I've shot an approach to your mom... It's an easy approach, but go missed and theres no way to keep terrain clearance.

I nominate this for the best line of the year :D

"What are you doing to stop the GI program in general? Are you contacting the company"

HAHA. Are you serious?

I do what I can by educating folks at a couple of aviation career sites on the evils of PFJ. If you have any questions about that, go to jetcareers or APC and ask about it. Any other suggestions? I'd love to find something more effective but I don't see anything that's practical.

"I can be a toolbox like the two clowns you know"

Why are the two PCL Capts I've talked to at JC toolboxes but the ones that you know who like flying with streamers are okay?

BOHICAgain said:
THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS...who the hell would do that... Gulfstream ok maybe but this is just ridicoulous. Its unreal actually selling PIC time in a 737-400 That is some crazy sh1t hopefully you didnt give anyone any ideas. I hope no one actually does that. And for those low time 300 pilots it even tells them they can log PIC when they are flying as SIC.. Where did they get that from??

Their office is in Miami, not far from TMB. I believe that they are doing great...
Especially with the EU market...
Gulfstream compared is a joke...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back