• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream First Officer Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please stop!! You are hurting my feelings!!

Little do you know as always, I nor my mommy paid 25K for anything.

hahahahahahahaha!!!

Grow up!

Last edited:
B190Captain said:
Please stop!! You are hurting my feelings!!

hahahahahahahaha!!!

Grow up!

Oh man you got me with that one! Now your just getting boring. Take Care. But before I go and this is on a serious note with no insults added. It is pretty sad that you have no remorse for what you've helped to do to this industry. You don't deserve to be where you are cause you did'nt earn it, your checkbook did.

Hopefully the people you fly will never pay for your mistake.

BTD

BoredToDeath said:
Oh man you got me with that one! Now your just getting boring. Take Care. But before I go and this is on a serious note with no insults added. It is pretty sad that you have no remorse for what you've helped to do to this industry. You don't deserve to be where you are cause you did'nt earn it, your checkbook did.

Hopefully the people you fly will never pay for your mistake.

BTD

You too take care. But let me tell you this, don't tell me what I deserve or not deserve. My checkbook has nor had anything to do with it. So please spare me your whining and petty insults.

We pilots should be pulling together to help each other in this time of crisis and all you do is cry about being more deserving than another. Look in the mirror to see who is the real detrement to the industry is.

I did nothing here but share my views and responded to your false statements. All all you do is attack and insult me. Who is the one that is insecure about who deserves what?

You have shown your true colors on this thread and maybe you should step down from your slot at your company so someone that can make a positive contribution can have a shot.

Fly Safe and Good luck!!

Last edited:
B190Captain said:
You too take care. But let me tell you this, don't tell me what I deserve or not deserve. My checkbook has nor had anything to do with it. So please spare me your whining and petty insults.

We pilots should be pulling together to help each other in this time of crisis and all you do is cry about being more deserving than another. Look in the mirror to see who is the real detrement to the industry is.

I did nothing here but share my views and responded to your false statements. All all you do is attack and insult me. Who is the one that is insecure about who deserves what?

You have shown your true colors on this thread and maybe you should step down from your slot at your company so someone that can make a positive contribution can have a shot.

Fly Safe and Good luck!!

Ahhh where to start,

1. If your checkbook has had nothing to do with where you are today than my insults were not directed at you. They were directed at the people that bought thier jobs. If you did'nt buy your way into GIA than why are me and you having this conversation?

2. I NEVER said I was more deserving than anyone. Don't twist my words to mean anything else. I simply said that if you paid for your job than you do not deserve to be where you are. I have had and will continue to have a tremendous career. Trust me I'm not jelous of anyone at your company. And I will continue to belive that those pilots that are willing to PFT are a detrement to this industry.

3. I also shared my views but in no way gave false statements, I gave opinion. And once again, yes if you bought your job I think your SCUM. If you did'nt, what can I say, your a good guy. But as of this point the only thing you have said is that, "money has nothing to do with it". Which is kinda "wishey washey". You have'nt actually come out and said either "yes" I bought my job or "no" I did not give GIA money for employement. So which is it? Did you or did'nt you?

4. Yes I agree that I have shown my true colors, "PRIDE", in the fact that I have not had to buy any of the jobs that I've had. And that in of itself, I feel, is a d@mm good positive contribution.

BTD

Quote:

"We pilots should be pulling together to help each other in this time of crisis and all you do is cry about being more deserving than another. Look in the mirror to see who is the real detrement to the industry is. "

What have the pilots at GIA done to pull together and help out in this time of crisis? Do you have union representation? How do your pay scales compare to other B1900 operators? What have the GIA pilots done to increase their pay and their quality of life?

See, a lot of us perceive GIA not as an airline, but as another flight school where you pay to play. Sure, they fly scheduled service in the colors of their code-share partner, but is there really a pilot group that pulls together to get anything done?

The frustration expressed by Bored to Death is typical of many other members of this board who are proud of the fact that they have earned every hour in their logbooks after flight school by working for it, and have careers at airlines where the pilot groups are going to fight this so-called "race to the bottom".

Getting into a pi$$ing match here defending GIA, while amusing and entertaining, will do nothing to strengthen the industry. Why dont you guys contact ALPA today and come up with a plan to form a real pilot group and have old man Cooper pay you what you are worth?

Fly Safe

Pilot877 said:
Quote:

"We pilots should be pulling together to help each other in this time of crisis and all you do is cry about being more deserving than another. Look in the mirror to see who is the real detrement to the industry is. "

What have the pilots at GIA done to pull together and help out in this time of crisis? Do you have union representation? How do your pay scales compare to other B1900 operators? What have the GIA pilots done to increase their pay and their quality of life?

See, a lot of us perceive GIA not as an airline, but as another flight school where you pay to play. Sure, they fly scheduled service in the colors of their code-share partner, but is there really a pilot group that pulls together to get anything done?

The frustration expressed by Bored to Death is typical of many other members of this board who are proud of the fact that they have earned every hour in their logbooks after flight school by working for it, and have careers at airlines where the pilot groups are going to fight this so-called "race to the bottom".

Getting into a pi$$ing match here defending GIA, while amusing and entertaining, will do nothing to strengthen the industry. Why dont you guys contact ALPA today and come up with a plan to form a real pilot group and have old man Cooper pay you what you are worth?

Fly Safe

Well, GIA IS an airline. There are Captains and First Officers that are EMPLOYED by GIA and work under a labor contract. Everyone seems to blend the FO program into the airline side. YES there is a real Pilot group here. Who do you think these 250 guys fly with? We DO have First Officers that are part of our Seniority list that eventually upgrade to Captain. They are protected under our Union. Trust me, it was a long tough road to get to where we are now through our actions to organize and demand what we deserve.

Major Airlines that have audited us in the past have praised us in our standards, professionalism and overall commitment for a SAFE airline. I emphasize SAFE because we have an impeccable Safety record with 0 fatalities. The pilot group here works d-a-m-n hard to maintain that excellence and I am proud of it. It irkes me to see another pilot that does not know all the facts bash us because of this PFT issue.

We are a pilot group represented by the IBT (Teamsters) and we have a labor contract in force. We are paid comparably to other 1900 operators and we DO stick together to make our quality of life better. Granted, I do not plan to stay here the rest of my career but it certainly pays my bills and supports my family. My quality of life is pretty good. I am thankful I have a job here in these hard times but I do plan to move on.

I would appreciate a little respect for me and my colleagues because WE are the ones that make this airline work safely. Continental, United and Northwest know that since they have audited us in the past and know first hand how we operate.

Fly Safe!!

Last edited:
B190Captain said:
Well, GIA IS an airline. There are Captains and First Officers that are EMPLOYED by GIA and work under a labor contract. Everyone seems to blend the FO program into the airline side. YES there is a real Pilot group here. Who do you think these 250 guys fly with? We DO have First Officers that are part of our Seniority list that eventually upgrade to Captain. They are protected under our Union.

Major Airlines that have audited us in the past have praised us in our standards, professionalism and overall commitment for a SAFE airline. I emphasize SAFE because we have an impeccable Safety record with 0 fatalities. The pilot group here works d-a-m-n hard to maintain that excellence and I am proud of it. It irkes me to see another pilot that does not know all the facts bash us because of this PFT issue.

We are a pilot group represented by the IBT (teamsters) and we have a labor contract in force. We are paid comparably to other 1900 operators and we DO stick together to make our quality of life better. Granted, I do not plan to stay here the rest of my career but it certainly pays my bills and supports my family. My quality of life is pretty good. I am thankful I have a job here in these hard times but I do plan to move on.

I would appreciate a little respect for me and my colleagues because WE are the ones that make this airline work safely. Continental, United and Northwest know that since they have audited us in the past and know first hand how we operate.

Fly Safe!!

This is what that sounds like, "We are a real airline!! We are, We are, We really, really are!!!"

Yet you still have yet to answer the question. Did you PUNK OUT AND BUY YOUR JOB?!?!

I really don't care what it sounds like to you Bored.

Your question does not warrant an answer. Have you been reading what I have been saying all along? You will find your answer there.

Pilot877 said:
Quote:

Fly Safe

Pilot877,

Your right that this match isn't gonna do much to strengthen the industry but like the name says I'm Bored and this is fun. And perhapes some other young clueless pilot will see how wrong it is to buy a job after reading some this and the other threads on this board.

Nice job on the rest of your post it says everything I feel only worded nicer than how I usually put things.

Take Care

BTD

Latest resources

Back