Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GI BILL

Hey Bro,

Are you sure that FO program is VA approved. I wouldnt think so, but I am no expert. I would make sure before dropping the cash.

Time and PFT

Regarding the PFT - I am not interested in staying with GIA as a FO after my 250. I am researching the best and fastest way to get my multi time to become marketable. Of course I want quality time - Renting a plane is expensive and at best, I tool around looking for clouds at night to fly actual IFR. I just thought that getting 121 time was a bonus.

By the time I finish my ratings and actually enroll (possibly) in the GIA FO program and finish it, I'll have 1600+tt, 1300heli, 300AMEL, and about 900+pic - all of which makes me "barely" marketable to the regionals... I just don't want to be labeled a scab or a PFT-er when all I am looking for is the quick way to good multi time. My primary concern is that when I interview, the CA/hr people will ask when/where did I get the 250SIC 121 time. I will be honest and also caveat the reply with I did it for the program and that was all. If I don't get hired anywhere then I'll look at freight, etc...

I guess to make a long post short - Do interviewing CAs really see GIA grads (not necessarily GIA FO's for years) as persona non grata, ie hands off, "he got the plague"???

as far as racking up 250 hours fast. You are probably looking at 2-3 months of ground and the 4-5 months for the 250 hours. Thats what I have gathered from marketing and speaking with others that have been thru the program. Thats a long time for 250 hrs and I wont get into the PFT debate.

**Regarding the PFT - I am not interested in staying with GIA as a FO after my 250. I am researching the best and fastest way to get my multi time to become marketable. Of course I want quality time - Renting a plane is expensive and at best, I tool around looking for clouds at night to fly actual IFR. I just thought that getting 121 time was a bonus.**

Try getting an entry level job like banner towing, teaching, traffic watch, ect. Those that have half a brain do it all the time without helping these POS companies avoid having to actually hire and train an employee. There are many ways to make yourself marketable other than being a SCUMBAG. Plus re-read my above post, in this day and age it will take a veryyyyyyy longgggggg time for you to be marketable and 250hours playin with yourself in the right seat of a 1900 ain't gonna give it to ya.

**I guess to make a long post short - Do interviewing CAs really see GIA grads (not necessarily GIA FO's for years) as persona non grata, ie hands off, "he got the plague"???**

I and very many others would and though I'm not on any interview boards right now, you never know when I or someone like me will be.

If I was, I would make it so you understood what a disgrace you are and throw you the F$#k out. Then make the H.R. Dept. screen the resumes a little better so as to keep people who do these programs out of the interview all together.

Of course the choice is yours. After all, are people like me the extream or the norm?

Hi!

Go to www.aptap.org.

It's a site for mil helo guys that are trying to go airlines. Between aptap and flightinfo you'll find everything you need.

A fellow army aviator at ASA has set up a program to get helo guys into ASA by flying fixed-wing. I think it's a ton better than Gulfstream, or just buying ME time. His name is Gabe-you'll see it there on APTAP. You can search under ASA or Gabe and find the info.

Cliff
GRB

PS-My kids thinks it's cool that on Army Men Air Attack he has done good enough to earn the right to fly an Apache now. He says they are the best helos!

**I guess to make a long post short - Do interviewing CAs really see GIA grads (not necessarily GIA FO's for years) as persona non grata, ie hands off, "he got the plague"???**

Hmm let's see. How many Airlines can I name that has HIRED former GIA Pilots? (Captains and FO's)

American
Delta
Continental
Northwest
Continental Express
ATA
United
Comair
ASA
ACA
Pinnacle ( NWAirlink)
AirTran
America West
Southwest
Skywest
Colgan
Cape Air
USAir and subsidiaries.
Air Midwest

Cargo:

Fedex
UPS
Gemini
Arrow

Corporate:

Executive Jet
Citation Shares

Even Delta Airlines sent their career FE's to GIA to get PIC and SIC time in the 1900 so they can transition to the MD-80 since they dumped their L-1011's.

Need I say more?

Good luck Apache.

B190Captain said:

Hmm let's see. How many Airlines can I name that has HIRED former GIA Pilots? (Captains and FO's)

American
Delta
Continental
Northwest
Continental Express
ATA
United
Comair
ASA
ACA
Pinnacle ( NWAirlink)
AirTran
America West
Southwest
Skywest
Colgan
Cape Air
USAir and subsidiaries.
Air Midwest

Cargo:

Fedex
UPS
Gemini
Arrow

Corporate:

Executive Jet
Citation Shares

Even Delta Airlines sent their career FE's to GIA to get PIC and SIC time in the 1900 so they can transition to the MD-80 since they dumped their L-1011's.

Need I say more?

Good luck Apache.

No one argues that the SCUMBAGS won't get hired eventually. HR people are idiots. But rest assurd that anyone who has or is willing to go to GIA, or anywhere else and pay for a job is a SCUMBAG.

Those of you that have PFT'd can feel safe at night knowing that you are, at least, one part of the problem in this industry.

And that bit about big D sending their FEs there, well I'll bet DELTA PAID FOR IT, NOT THE PILOTS!!

Yes you do need to say more. How bout you start with saying your SORRY for being a SCUMBAG.

BoredToDeath said:
No one argues that the SCUMBAGS won't get hired eventually. HR people are idiots. But rest assurd that anyone who has or is willing to go to GIA, or anywhere else and pay for a job is a SCUMBAG.

Those of you that have PFT'd can feel safe at night knowing that you are, at least, one part of the problem in this industry.

And that bit about big D sending their FEs there, well I'll bet DELTA PAID FOR IT, NOT THE PILOTS!!

Yes you do need to say more. How bout you start with saying your SORRY for being a SCUMBAG.

Oh well, since you lack intelligence and maturity, you now resort to insults. It's ok man just don't hurt yourself.

B190Captain said:
Oh well, since you lack intelligence and maturity, you now resort to insults. It's ok man just don't hurt yourself.

How much maturity and intelligence did it take for you to stab other more qualified pilots in the back by supporting PFT. You know what you did is wrong. Good Job SCUMBAG!

Bored to Death,

You want to cry some more? Go cry to your mommy. Insulting people on the internet is truly sad.

I almost feel sorry for you...NOT!!

Do they actually let you fly the plane? Scary thought.

Last edited:
B190Captain said:
Bored to Death,

You want to cry some more? Go cry to your mommy. Insulting people on the internet. Truly Sad.

Do they actually let you fly the plane? Scary thought.

Whats truly sad is that thats the best you could come up with. If you haven't noticed I'm not insulting people I'm insulting PFT'ers. There is a BIG difference. Remember your not a PERSON your a SCUMBAG.

How about I go cry to your mommy, and maybe she can give me TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS so that I can be just like you.

You and the rest of the PFT'ers are a waste of airspace.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back