Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tank Commander

Right on!

Money is useless if your not havin fun! Even if you get 250 hours and then dont fly ever again at least you did it. Notice that some of these people arguing here arent even pilots - they are more like zealots. Its useless to debate.

Do what you want - its not going to make any difference in the long run.

Outstanding job serving our country - you make all of us proud to be americans!!

Maybe one day you can teach capn_whatever the meaning of respect ;)

stillaboo said:
That's the point, TC. With your experience, if you're not hired by Gulfstream, you won't even get invited to interview anywhere else. You may have the required minimum time to sit in the right seat of anything legally, but, 250 hours of 1900 time or not, you aren't competitive with even a 3000 hr CFI, let alone all the furloughed guys looking for jobs these days.

I think the Delta pilots had your best interests at heart, but didn't give you good advice. Do whatever it is you have to do to get hired at Gulfstream (pay them some more $? :) Sorry, I couldn't resist). If not, your 1900 time, while great experience, will just be Multi time at your next 121 interview, which likely won't be happening any time soon.

Good luck!
-Boo!

What a bunch of Bullsh!t.

Thanks for the clarification Bronco.

Last edited:
No need to get upset here

BS?! I think what I said was taken the wrong way.

All I was saying is that with such low time, it's unlikely that TC will be competitive on the open market, so it is essential he do everything in his power to get hired on at Gulfstream.

I do think the Delta guys gave him bad advice b/c he spent a good amount of $ to get (outside of Gulfstream) merely 250 hours of multi time.

Make one joke, people cry foul. I even put a ":)" in. If you're in a tank shooting depleted uranium, that's serious. An internet board . . . let's all just keep this whole thing in perspective, okay?

-Boo!

TC,
You have a very respectable military career, and that I do respect as I mentioned in my post. But now as your life transitions into the civilian world, the only relevant fact is reality, and perception is not reality. To me, in my opinion whether it's right or wrong, says that to walk away from a pension and then give half of your money to learn how to fly was a bad decision. Yes, there are other ways to learn how to fly that are much less costly than GIA. Maybe you knew this, maybe you didn't, but the reality is that you are no better off than the 250 hr commercial/cfi pilot. You might think you are, but therein lies the crux of the decision. Again, perception is not reality. I may be wrong, and again, for your sake, I hope I am.

I am glad you are happy with your decision, it's time gone by with no chance of turning back. Life is about choices, whether good or bad, and living with the consequences of those choices. The previous statement of "do what you want, it doesn't matter in the long run" is a crock of crap, and I'm sure you know that.

So good luck and I wish you the best.

Latest resources

Back