Gulfstream Airlines uses car parts!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CD,
That is exactly the situation, bottom line is the PMA process is to prevent this type of problem. As an average A&P, you cannot tell the difference on many parts, the part number is all you have to go with. This is the very same behavior that brought the Alaska MD80 down off SBA, cutting corners on MX, where do you draw the line? No excuse for knowingly violating the FARs, this is just another cheap shoddy company looking to increase profits by using unapproved parts. Shut the funkers down via massive fines!
PBR

Well, if that light at Tractor Supply has a FAA PMA number on it like he said, then whats the problem with that?

Well, if that light at Tractor Supply has a FAA PMA number on it like he said, then whats the problem with that?
No problem, Tractor Supply parts will not have a PMA, tractor parts are for tractors and airplane parts have PMA/part numbers on them. Slight but significant difference!
PBR
P.S. Remember they took PCL128's money and allowed him to swing the gear, bad judgment across the board!

Last edited:
No problem, Tractor Supply parts will not have a PMA, tractor parts are for tractors and airplane parts have PMA/part numbers on them. Slight but significant difference!
PBR

But the guy said in the above message, was that the box at Tractor Supply is the exact same and that it did have the FAA PMA on it, that the difference was the price.

You can buy a landing light bulb for the beechjet at Tractor Supply company. It's the same box, has the FAA PMA number on it, the difference it's it's $24 at Tractor Supply and $200+ from some other parts dealers.

o buck your so cool! come on here and talk sh&&&! One thing to say CLE any day of the week that is where i fly now in the sunny north! Also by the way 1,430 some odd pilots i instructed so i am sure you know some of them. If anyone on here has anything to say to Buck, who wont I.D. himself, about me go ahead. Buck your going to stop me from getting a job o.k. go ahead I.D. yourself so that everyone will know you stopped the "Shocker" from getting a job? by the way my name is shon bernard not going to hide it never will because i support what i say! Sorry you had your feelings hurt at some point in your life.

ps: your right that is my screen name. that is what i have wanted to be for some time unfortunately was put on hold for 5 years from the FAA. I have more respect and honor for this industry and job than allot of people, including you!

And another thing s3Jetman(funny name from a guy who doesn't have 1 hour of jet time) It says alot about an outfit when they use a 500 hr wonder pilot who lost his medical in a car accident to teach their ground school for almost 5 years. yeah that lends legitimacy to their scumbag scab owned and operated outfit.

Gulfstream's time has come. I hope you have your resume updated. Although I doubt it will matter. I know lots of people have moved on to good jobs after Gulfstream, you just wont be one of them!!! Enjoy your 8 legs a day in the sweltering heat for crap pay it's all you'll ever know

BuckMurdock1 - you sound like a guy that either flew for Gulfstream, or were turned down in a job interview by them.

Personally, I have alot of respect for someone that was obviously involved in a serious car accident (indicated by a loss of medical for 5 yrs) and loved aviation and what he was doing to stay in the game during that timeframe. I've had instructors that had 20k + hours that were'nt worth a sh*t - so the sum of someone's time does not necessarily dictate the strength of their instruction. But of course, being a know it all - you surely know that. And 5 years of instructing on the same aircraft - I'm willing to bet when this guy got to the left seat, he know's more about his aircraft than you will ever know about yours. I am also willing to bet he is a better stick flying his Beech than you are pushing buttons in your BarbieJet.

While I don't agree with the PFT thing - kudo's to the guy and his resolve for staying with his dream. Someone with that type of desire and attitude will go much further in this industry than you ever will Buck.

Attacking him personally because you don't like the company he works for is incredibly childish. He also had the guts to state his name, and obviously whom he works for. Do you? I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
BuckMurdock1

u r Steve?

s3jetman is a good guy. I've known him for a while. Great instructor too, from what I've heard. I do disagree vehemently with him about the TCAS issue, though. This Captain did the right thing under the circumstances, and GIA was completely in the wrong to terminate him. Hopefully he'll either get his job back with full back pay or just take them to the cleaners in civil court.

Oh yeah, and burn in hell, Cooper!

FastJp4 thank you for your respect and I would like to return the same to you!

We do not all have to agree on everything I like to get thoughts of other professionals. I like to give my thoughts and points of view but just dont like it when attack me personally.

PCL_28 thanks for the comment and at least you respecfully disagree with me, thats cool. You do know Tom C. is no longer here right? anyway take care man if your ever in cle look me up.

You do know Tom C. is no longer here right?

Yeah, I know. I still never pass up an opportunity to tell him to go to hell, though. ;)

For those of you who have never flown Beachcraft I can tell you from personal experience that the alternator on a King Air is the EXACT same as the alternator on a F-150. The only difference is the serial number. I am not suggesting that I approve of such practices. Just thought most would find that interesting and draw there own conclusions.

Latest resources

Back