• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Airlines uses car parts!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cx880 sorry i do not update my hours every 2 legs just so i can justify myself. if i am a captain then i think you know how many hours i have. I was on lost medical for 5 years 3months and 4 days. If i stuck with it this long it is because i believe that aviation is the best thing in the world. It sad when people dont know the whole story but talk like they have first hand knowledge. Just like any accident it was not just the denial of the ac, it was many other things that had led up to his termination. I have nothing against the guy he is a great guy and had him in one of my classes i instructed, i think he made a poor choice on handling the situation. true if GIA knew the outcome the situtiaon may have been handled diff. just as many companies sometimes make poor decisions.

He did not make a bad decision. He made what he thought was a good choice. If he would have taken the flight and had a mid air you would be on here telling everybody that no way you would have taken that a/c. The management team is a POS at GIA. As for the MX it is horrible. A buddy of mine took an airplane from a C check only to shut down an engine on the 1st flight due to no oil. They forgot to put oil and the inspector never did his job just signed it off. No pressurization, No TCAS on my 5th leg. I dont think so

yea you tell him shon!!! You have soooo much experience and knowledge to impart on everybody what with your 1600 hours and fresh ATP

In Gulfstreams defense...

...You can buy a landing light bulb for the beechjet at Tractor Supply company. It's the same box, has the FAA PMA number on it, the difference it's it's $24 at Tractor Supply and $200+ from some other parts dealers.

Maybe they've run into the same situation.
CD,
That is exactly the situation, bottom line is the PMA process is to prevent this type of problem. As an average A&P, you cannot tell the difference on many parts, the part number is all you have to go with. This is the very same behavior that brought the Alaska MD80 down off SBA, cutting corners on MX, where do you draw the line? No excuse for knowingly violating the FARs, this is just another cheap shoddy company looking to increase profits by using unapproved parts. Shut the funkers down via massive fines!
PBR

And another thing s3Jetman(funny name from a guy who doesn't have 1 hour of jet time) It says alot about an outfit when they use a 500 hr wonder pilot who lost his medical in a car accident to teach their ground school for almost 5 years. yeah that lends legitimacy to their scumbag scab owned and operated outfit.

Gulfstream's time has come. I hope you have your resume updated. Although I doubt it will matter. I know lots of people have moved on to good jobs after Gulfstream, you just wont be one of them!!! Enjoy your 8 legs a day in the sweltering heat for crap pay it's all you'll ever know

And another thing s3Jetman(funny name from a guy who doesn't have 1 hour of jet time) It says alot about an outfit when they use a 500 hr wonder pilot who lost his medical in a car accident to teach their ground school for almost 5 years. yeah that lends legitimacy to their scumbag scab owned and operated outfit.

Gulfstream's time has come. I hope you have your resume updated. Although I doubt it will matter. I know lots of people have moved on to good jobs after Gulfstream, you just wont be one of them!!! Enjoy your 8 legs a day in the sweltering heat for crap pay it's all you'll ever know

damn dude, someone must of peed in your cheerios this morning. i dont see why it matters if he has 500 hours, 5000 hours or no hours at all. if he can teach a ground school class then he can teach.

Bo

Bohimian or Bohica,

I flew with a copilot that said flew with you @ GIA. He said that you were one cocky son of a BEAOOTCH. I also heard that you think you fly now a freaking shuttle for nasa and ********************. Way to go doosh. But i heard otherwise that your the best stick in compass. your next step is to go to NASA( i think they lowered the MINS)

Shocking that a company with Tom Cooper as a founder is shady on mx. Ask any rEAL pilot and they'll tell you Cooper belongs in the darkest chamber of SCAB hell!

You missed one little detail: the pressurization was also deferred. That means he's stuck below 10,000, in dense GA traffic, moving at ~230 knots, with a broken TCAS.

I would have refused a plane in the same scenario, too.

At NJA our Ultras fly around all day without TCAS in the same kind of airspace...I don't see any of our guys refusing to fly em.

Bohimian or Bohica,

I flew with a copilot that said flew with you @ GIA. He said that you were one cocky son of a BEAOOTCH. I also heard that you think you fly now a freaking shuttle for nasa and ********************. Way to go doosh. But i heard otherwise that your the best stick in compass. your next step is to go to NASA( i think they lowered the MINS)

Thats probably the last thing I am. I know I suck and I am so happy I have an autopilot so I don't have to scare anyone.

Don't know why you are hating on me.

Didn't bash anyone but GIA management so that leads me to believe you are one of them.

Latest resources

Back