Gulfstream Academy track record

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fastjp4

you are absolutely correct. if anyone wants to argue about pft that is fine, it has been done here before. but do not say that people lost their lives in these accidents because the pilots went to GIA. The crews members were so far removed from GIA that the connections to GIA are unvalidated. If we are going to make that connection then I should lose all my certificates because of the following

Comair - First officer was my instructor at GIA
Pinnacle - I flew with the captain and I instructed the FO
private ground, inst ground, comm. ground school
Colgan - I instructed the CA in OM-1 class (others call it FOM, FLOP,
regs... etc)
Continental - The CA on the flight in Denver, I played golf with him last
Thursday in Houston

So it looks like i am the one that caused all these accidents?

Don't know about that but please stay in your hotel room on your layover's so i don't stand next to you.

Failure? I'm sure there are thousands out there at basically every major airline and regional airline, myself included who would beg to differ.

However, you are a former SkyBus pilot.....how's that going for you? And a former ASA pilot, how much did you pay FSI to work there in the 90's? Was it 10 grand? I can't remember, maybe you can fill us in.

The fact that this is on a regional thread upalls me.

The more you bash us that were at Skybus, the more silly you look. There were experienced furloughed pilots at Skybus. Even retired Delta boys. The only way you are going to get ahead in the airline industry is to take a chance. In this industry sometimes you win sometime you lose. Either way you go you take a chance.

If you didn't work at Skybus. Keep your mouth closed. You don't know what happened with the payscales or the business strategies unless you worked there.

Knock off the Skybus bashing. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT OR WHAT HAPPENED THERE UNLESS YOU WORKED THERE.

I'm SICK OF THIS HINDSIGHT QUARTERBACKING.

Are you kidding me? There was nothing personal. I was attacking his hypocrisy and baseless rhetoric along his professional betrayal of his own peers. Besides, that is all you had to say even if I was.

Oh well FMS you know what you have done. It is on your conscience not mine.

Again (posted on another tread)

Don't you dare. No one company has "destroyed" the airline industry. Managements do. Maybe you should check your history instead of sounding like a "newbie regional pilot". TWA was a low cost carrier of its time. Are you going to trash all those pilots? SWA was ridiculed for years and still slightly ridiculed. Fact is... SWA makes money. Some of the highest paid pilots in the industry. They also have some of the highest paid flight attendants in the industry.
Don't talk about things you don't know about. You have no idea what the story behind the story was with the Skybus pay scale or business model because you didn't work there. You probably didn't even bother to research what happened. But yet you sit here like a "hind sight genious" and pretend you know all the behind the scenes information on why a company works and how they "destroyed the industry".

Let me tell you something...heres what destroys the airline industry.

1. Managements that are hell bent on bonuses reguardless of how it affects the company. (Lower pay)
2. Pilots who would rather fight and step on one another than saying, "welcome...here let me help you...let me show you"
3. FAA+Company+Aircraft Manufacturer circle-jerk-committee who work together to cheapen and lessen training, maintainence and operating costs (Greasey palms).

Here is some news...

1. Its still a free country.
2. A man or women can start a business if they so choose.
3. Its still a free market society (unless you believe that the only airlines that are allowed to exist are United, American, Delta).
4. To start and make a business sucessful in the airline industry you have to be innovative-different.

Everyone loves to say I told ya so... but they would have never have known they were correct unless someone else tried it.

Stop listening to Mike Boyd...hes one of the Hulu aliens, he'll rot your brain! :puke:

Again (posted on another tread)

Don't you dare. No one company has "destroyed" the airline industry. Managements do. Maybe you should check your history instead of sounding like a "newbie regional pilot". TWA was a low cost carrier of its time. Are you going to trash all those pilots? SWA was ridiculed for years and still slightly ridiculed. Fact is... SWA makes money. Some of the highest paid pilots in the industry. They also have some of the highest paid flight attendants in the industry.
Don't talk about things you don't know about. You have no idea what the story behind the story was with the Skybus pay scale or business model because you didn't work there. You probably didn't even bother to research what happened. But yet you sit here like a "hind sight genious" and pretend you know all the behind the scenes information on why a company works and how they "destroyed the industry".

Let me tell you something...heres what destroys the airline industry.

1. Managements that are hell bent on bonuses reguardless of how it affects the company. (Lower pay)
2. Pilots who would rather fight and step on one another than saying, "welcome...here let me help you...let me show you"
3. FAA+Company+Aircraft Manufacturer circle-jerk-committee who work together to cheapen and lessen training, maintainence and operating costs (Greasey palms).

Here is some news...

1. Its still a free country.
2. A man or women can start a business if they so choose.
3. Its still a free market society (unless you believe that the only airlines that are allowed to exist are United, American, Delta).
4. To start and make a business sucessful in the airline industry you have to be innovative-different.

Everyone loves to say I told ya so... but they would have never have known they were correct unless someone else tried it.

Stop listening to Mike Boyd...hes one of the Hulu aliens, he'll rot your brain! :puke:

It is a free country. Free that scumbag outfits like Scumbus can and did exist.

Free that fools like you will lower yourselves to the lowest bidder to fly an airbus. It undermines the efforts of the men and women trying to maintain and raise the bar for all of us!!! Legacies and regionals alike!!

Well if Scumbus was so wonderful, please enlighten me. Would you have made the same money and had bennies, work rules flying the same equipment at DAL? Probably not even close.

All Scumbus did was cheapen the profession and let corporate scumbags realize that they can operate an airbus for a fraction of a major's pay.

Probably the only blessing that came out of fuel spiking was to kill off that place.

By accepting employment there you basically turned your back on your brothers and sisters in the legacies, nationals and regionals, furloughees and the list goes on.

Don't try to justify your actions. It is done and you cannot take it back. Just look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself: I am sorry, I made a mistake and I will not lower myself again. Smile and move on.

Last edited:
Free that fools like you will lower yourselves to the lowest bidder to fly an airbus.

Except he voluntarily left Jetblue on the Airbus to take this job because he like many of us saw a good ground floor opportunity. The fact that the new managers of SX took the company (both in terms of employee moral, and business plan) down the drain isn't the fault of those of us who decided it was a risk worth taking. The guys who went to Southwest back in '76 were also seen as "Scumbags" but today they're the best paid in the industry in a 737.

the VP of flight ops at SX was the former DO at WN
the DO was a former DAL Director of Safety
the CP was a former AAA Base CP
the Director of Training a former DAL Check Airman
the company had 160M in startup capital, more than any other airline prior
they offered a 4 on 5 off schedule with home ever night trips for everyone.
they paid competitive starting pay for FO's with all other airlines
they had a 3-6 month upgrade, with average CA pay at about $85K (dont' believe the 60K BS)
they gave 5500 stock options (which carry risk, but can be worth a lot if things go well)

and the most important thing, at that time there were few jobs for someone recently furloughed or underemployed at a dead end job (like I was) to go..

So while you have your view on why we went to SX.. "to fly an Airbus" you said.. meanwhile I left an MD11 which is 4X the size of an A319, the majority of us who went there did so because we BELIEVED it was a good risk.

We were wrong.. Rub it in, the day may come when I can do the same for you, but I'm more grown up, so I won't.

All Scumbus did was cheapen the profession and let corporate scumbags realize that they can operate an airbus for a fraction of a major's pay.

Oh and newsflash.. I and many others were instrumental to brining in the IBT on property, and we were at 95% vote when they closed the doors, so we sent a VERY clear message on pay, don't you worry.... what have you done to better your company's pay?

FedEx has had about 5 accidents in six years (confirmation needed)...

What is the common thread there?

Look hard enough to find it....

Except he voluntarily left Jetblue on the Airbus to take this job because he like many of us saw a good ground floor opportunity. The fact that the new managers of SX took the company (both in terms of employee moral, and business plan) down the drain isn't the fault of those of us who decided it was a risk worth taking. The guys who went to Southwest back in '76 were also seen as "Scumbags" but today they're the best paid in the industry in a 737.

the VP of flight ops at SX was the former DO at WN
the DO was a former DAL Director of Safety
the CP was a former AAA Base CP
the Director of Training a former DAL Check Airman
the company had 160M in startup capital, more than any other airline prior
they offered a 4 on 5 off schedule with home ever night trips for everyone.
they paid competitive starting pay for FO's with all other airlines
they had a 3-6 month upgrade, with average CA pay at about $85K (dont' believe the 60K BS)
they gave 5500 stock options (which carry risk, but can be worth a lot if things go well)

and the most important thing, at that time there were few jobs for someone recently furloughed or underemployed at a dead end job (like I was) to go..

So while you have your view on why we went to SX.. "to fly an Airbus" you said.. meanwhile I left an MD11 which is 4X the size of an A319, the majority of us who went there did so because we BELIEVED it was a good risk.

We were wrong.. Rub it in, the day may come when I can do the same for you, but I'm more grown up, so I won't.

Look you can dress up the turd to your hearts content and size of the aircraft has absolutely nothing with I have said. What I meant by "flying an airbus" is that you flew it for regional pay. As a result you had a part in lowering the bar ! 85K CA pay to fly an airbus is deplorable.

Can't you see that?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back