• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good bye SL9 Greed- no sir.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you the bottom guy that just upgraded a couple weeks ago that would get to be a SWA Captain over the FO's that have been here for 11+ years?

Mighty magnanimous of you sport.

Tell me you are willing to come over as a mid level FO and you will have some credibility. Otherwise it's all bull$hit.

If it goes to arbitration guess what? It will most likely go cat/class and that means that that brand new upgrade that has half your longevity will be very senior to you in the end. Its just the facts of the last couple mergers-dont let your union tell you otherwise. I was dumb to believe the -we will get DOH-its the only fair way that Bloch can decide

I think it will go to arbitration, and the list will never be merged. Just look at the ALPO response to understand why I say that. Good luck.

RF

"But with top payscales of 153/hr and 79/hr for CA and FO's respectively is along way from were the SW pay and QOL"

Correction had to dig out my contract --current book 12/1/10 $163.22 /$100.78/hr 12/1/14 $186.32 /$117.46 ---narrows that $2mil per a little.

Money comes and goes in aviation. Yes, even to the almighty SWA. A promise of money today doesn't mean crap unless the full amount is deposited in escrow. Something that will never happen. GK is pissed because for the first time in his professional life a group of pilots refused to kiss the ass of SWA.

Eric,

With all due respect, you would have never had the contract you do right now if it wasn't for SW stepping in. Can you not see that?

These are the kind of statements that make most SW pilots cringe. It's an entitlement way of thinking.

Again, thank you for engaging with your thoughts. We may have to agree to disagree.

RF

Money comes and goes in aviation. Yes, even to the almighty SWA. A promise of money today doesn't mean crap unless the full amount is deposited in escrow. Something that will never happen. GK is pissed because for the first time in his professional life a group of pilots refused to kiss the ass of SWA.

Mine gets deposited in my 'escrow' every 5th and 20th. Best job I've ever had. Gary has alot to do with that.

RF

Eric let me ask you a question...

when did you apply at southwest? did you get the interview? did you get turned down? do you still have an app on file?

"But with top payscales of 153/hr and 79/hr for CA and FO's respectively is along way from were the SW pay and QOL"

Correction had to dig out my contract --current book 12/1/10 $163.22 /$100.78/hr 12/1/14 $186.32 /$117.46 ---narrows that $2mil per a little.

Convenient of you to use the payscale Southwest helped you get.

Now run the numbers pre announcement.

Yeah I thought so.

Maybe , maybe not, we had voted 98% for a strike just prior.
I guess I need to thank SWA for this "gift" too. We thought this current contract had a lot of crappy language in it as well,... It was voted on under duress, kinda like this SLI Agreement would have been. Im being rhetorical. " a little"

Now where's the Ice Cream poster? This is getting way too serious and I need a good laugh.

Latest resources

Back