Good bye SL9 Greed- no sir.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr Eric Hull,

I see a Paul Hull on the AT CA list and not an Eric Hull. Are you are Paul Hull?

If you are, so you are willing to accept a downgrade and be intergraded by date of hire?

Thank you for your honesty.

Would you be ok with DOH with a fence until 3 months past the last AT pilot transitions ? I would that would put me at 49%, a loss of 22%.

It's very simple. Eric wants to increase his pay from something around $140K to $250K and keep his seniority. All on the backs of SWA pilots who get nothing in return and are actually harmed in career earnings with his list. That's Fair, right? Did I mention that SWA is the acquiring carrier?

Are you the bottom guy that just upgraded a couple weeks ago that would get to be a SWA Captain over the FO's that have been here for 11+ years?

Mighty magnanimous of you sport.

Tell me you are willing to come over as a mid level FO and you will have some credibility. Otherwise it's all bull$hit.

Jan 2011, right not last week but very recently. If I bounced back to the right seat I could live with it, however I would have still only be 15% from the bottom of the entire list. If you filled in the blanks in the language of SL9 , I didnt expect to be in that seat for long. Most likely still couldnt have held it in 2020 when everything expired due to my seniority loss.

Scoreboard has it. It's a demographic issue.
And in all honesty, for all the gains of being part of SWA- SL9 was by far the most generous offer that will succeed in getting you integrated, both in economic and seniority terms. It won't get better, arbitration history or not.
You just don't have leverage in this situation. And since every single one of us were at one time very happy and proud to be on the very bottom of the list- your 2nd class citizen line is heard as entitlement. Pay loss? For how long? You won't convince anyone that a career at swa is a pay loss over any length of time. If you think that- you don't get the opportunity in front of you.

We all respect the work you've put in- but you don't get to come on and re-establish
current Swapa pilots retirement projections. In light of the money, schedule, stress-free management, etc- you giving up seniority so that our guys retire with roughly the same retirement projections as we had coming in is not much to ask.

The problem is your short term issues vs our long term issues.
There are thousands who'd love to have your short term issues.
Luke 14:10

It's very simple. Eric wants to increase his pay from something around $140K to $250K and keep his seniority. All on the backs of SWA pilots who get nothing in return and are actually harmed in career earnings with his list. That's Fair, right? Did I mention that SWA is the acquiring carrier?

I want stability and job security, I want for this thing to be a huge success. I have little control over where this will end up. If I had some quality of life, to me might be better than the $250k.

This isn't going to work. SWA pilots use terms like "won the lottery", "lucky", "stapled" and guys go ballistic. You SWA guys are so arrogant. Why do we use these terms? Because that is how 99% of us felt when we were hired. Former Astronauts, Former Air Tran Captains, Former Acquired airline pilots. What an awesome party it was when I was "stapled" to the bottom. I did feel fortunate to have made it through the interview and lucky to get selected. It took me a long time to get to SWA and I will probably be in my 50s before I upgrade. Price to be paid for getting to SWA.

We now have a group of pilots that were offered more than anyone at this airline has ever been offered before and were not happy with it. There is no daylight between the cultures and I believe that is sinking in on both sides. SWA needs to do this internally, with motivated folks honored to start at the bottom. Anything else is poison to the culture.

Air Tran guys are always welcome on my jumpseat and I will continue to be friendly and helpful whenever possible. I will politely ask to not participate in any SLI discussions because the cultural differences are simply too great. I do hope we eventually offer preferential interviews for those that "get it."

Mr Eric Hull,

I see a Paul Hull on the AT CA list and not an Eric Hull. Are you are Paul Hull?

If you are, so you are willing to accept a downgrade and be intergraded by date of hire?

Thank you for your honesty.

Yep that's me, Would any of us voluntarily, no of course not. But it may happen anyway, so be it, the money is good the company is great, I've pulled gear for guys that used to pull gear for me. It's the way the biz works, I have no ego about it.
"But I do have to say I really am my own favorite Captain"

$250K can buy a lot of QOL. The problem I see is you (AAI guys) don't understand how our (SWA) system works. Our union tried to explain it with the mailer you received. It's different over here, different in a good way.

Do you think an arbitrator is going to keep you in the left seat?

Would you be ok with DOH with a fence until 3 months past the last AT pilot transitions ? I would that would put me at 49%, a loss of 22%.

I would. And any swa pilot who supports that sells out our junior FOs.
DOH gives AT pilots a 300 Swapa pilot cushion at the bottom and for me triples (at least) my retirement projection. And I was in the back row of class.

There's really no way to get around that. SL9 had me losing over 300#'s at retirement- that's why guys were so pissed- they felt like we were giving away our long term career projections to get the AT pilots on and this done. And that's the ONLY reason I considered a yes vote- to get it done and provide some LEADERSHIP to the rest of the work groups.
And that's something I don't think AT pilots get. You threw away $millions for swa in rejecting this offer- how many other work groups will now lock horns and fight for every inch bc of your "example".

I'm not emotional about it- but there ought to be consequences for you. GK needs to make his own example out of you.
Luke 14:10

Latest resources

Back