Good bye SL9 Greed- no sir.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ephull

I've been a silent observer for a while, time to comment on a few things. I am the bottom 737 AT Captain. I may have had a lot to gain and a lot to lose in the rejected SLI Agreement. That being said -from my perspective I feel a there is a huge injustice in what is “not” being said in these message boards.

(what isn't being said -is the AirTran pilots were welcome aboard if we could accept life at SWA as a 2nd class pilot group, “the clean up crew that would work weekends, holidays and bounce from junior base to junior base for over a decade and most likely a lot longer ”)---the point our MEC made with their no vote was that is not acceptable).

To all those who preach greedy AirTran pilots---it's not about the money it's about quality of life.
What is being said is the Airtran pilots are greedy: rejecting a 2 billion $ incentive over $2 million a piece. Fuzzy math by my calculations. In fact in a few short years if I were to be back in the right seat, It would have been a pay loss. I am still a little curious how placing AT pilots on = pay scale with SWA pilots is a sweetner or incentive but that's how SWA and SWAPA are spinning it.

1st let me pointedly say our MEC did not give us the choice to decide. 2nd I think the additional pay would have been nice. However, I am well aware of what my career expectations were on 9/26/10 -I think all Airtran pilots are,.

If you studied SL9 and other supporting documentation in detail-it was plain to see the loopholes. Loopholes skillfully wrapped into the SLI agreement. The loopholes stacked the deck nicely in SWAPA's favor-and simply handing AT pilots a huge seniority loss for the majority. At the end of the day junior captain retention slots would have been negated , ATL fences would have been negated as the base would have been 40% of all AT pilots remaining displced, a lot of the other protections would have been negated. We were being enticed with money we haven't seen before to quickly rollover and sell out our seniority. I personally would have lost 33%, 51% to 84%.

Gentlemen we are not the greedy pilot group many have labeled us.

A fair and equitable integration is what we desire, we do not desire to harm our future coworkers or their careers.

The AirTran pilot group helped build a lean, profitable airline that offers a superior product. We helped build an airline we can be proud of. One that withstood valuation, judging and scrutiny by the high standards of our new owners . We helped build an airline outside of SWA,FEDEX or UPS that became a top career destination in the industry. We know how to be efficient and are thus competitive, we are a hard working group of professional aviators that do not appreciate being looked down upon. (I think that was partly the point of the MEC vote).

If we end up integrating, I look forward working with all of you in the future.

I personally hope we can put this together quickly and peaceably so we can go out and beat up on our competitors in a down economy like usual! “Together” It may take more giving from both parties.

Regards, Eric Hull

The rest of us all see it too, and it is ridiculous. Stay the course, and I bet it will turn out fine, just take a bit longer. QOL is worth a lot, and the Southwest/SWAPA people know that too, that's why they wanted you to be at the bottom. That's just not fair, and not worth the extra money.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Are you the bottom guy that just upgraded a couple weeks ago that would get to be a SWA Captain over the FO's that have been here for 11+ years?

Mighty magnanimous of you sport.

Tell me you are willing to come over as a mid level FO and you will have some credibility. Otherwise it's all bull$hit.

A fair and equitable integration is what we desire, we do not desire to harm our future coworkers or their careers.

Regards, Eric Hull
So Eric, whats your list look like, one that doesn't harm a SWA pilot? One that doesn't mean the SWA list in 15 years is disproportionately stacked with much younger AT pilots, with older SWA pilots still below them while we retire at a seniority loss? How do you make a list that balances the windfall in economic gains for one side with the no loss/no harm on the other? Notice I didn't say "we get some gains" just assure no harm monetarily. The only way to balance that is by seniority shift.

I say that list looks remarkably like SL9.

What does your list look like?

So Eric, whats your list look like, one that doesn't harm a SWA pilot? One that doesn't mean the SWA list in 15 years is disproportionately stacked with much younger AT pilots, with older SWA pilots still below them while we retire at a seniority loss? How do you make a list that balances the economic gains for one side with the no loss/no harm on the other?

I say that list looks remarkably like SL9.

What does your list look like?

The arbitrators in the DL/NWA SLI did not look at age of the group. The NWA group had far more senior pilots that were "supposedly" ready to retire at any moment after the SLI (they did not, they are going close to 65), and the 3 arbitrators didn't seem to care. Just because the Airtran guys are overall younger, doesn't mean you should get a bump in seniority, and I doubt your eventual arbitration will show that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Mr Eric Hull,

I see a Paul Hull on the AT CA list and not an Eric Hull. Are you are Paul Hull?

If you are, so you are willing to accept a downgrade and be intergraded by date of hire?

Thank you for your honesty.

I've been a silent observer for a while, time to comment on a few things. I am the bottom 737 AT Captain.

Regards, Eric Hull

Eric, I respect your view of what you want out of this.

I will ask, why did your NC burn up 2 weeks of GK time along with his leading staff, when all along AT had no intention of putting this out for a vote. AT/ALPA has a hidden agenda, and is playing GK for a fool. I guess time will tell if ALPA is correct.

Like I have said before, GK is a man of his work. I personally would not want to play chicken with him.

feel free to spin it as you may, but put yourself in GK shoes.

Latest resources

Back