• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good bye SL9 Greed- no sir.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will it ever be like that in the future? How about you and your group go "mull around" at management headquarters and jump up and down, hoping that will gain something? Arbitrators don't care if you do that, ya know... The way your group acts now is how you will be judged in the future. Fair is fair, and that doesn't mean 1 for 1, it means not the bottom 60% in your bottom 20%. That really is pushing it, and most would agree to that, maybe arbitrators too.

OYS

OYS,

The next offer (from Gary) is going to be less. You get that right? You also understand that we now control all other work rules(fences, pay, etc) if this does go to arbitration and IF Gary decides to merge the companies. You get that too, right? I don't really see it going that far, the AAI ALPA guys will burn the lottery ticket.

OYS,

The next offer (from Gary) is going to be less. You get that right? You also understand that we now control all other work rules(fences, pay, etc) if this does go to arbitration and IF Gary decides to merge the companies. You get that too, right? I don't really see it going that far, the AAI ALPA guys will burn the lottery ticket.

At this point you better hope that we reach a settlement in mediation and so does Gary. You don't want to go to Arby's, it will give you a stomach ache after you leave.

Then you and Gary should have nothing to fear.

what if you guys get a worse deal in Arby? You know that arbitrators don't have anything to do with money. So what if AAI walks out of there with SL9 type of seniority,or worse (plus or minus a few), and no $$$? Then what? You guys are convinced the arbitrators will see it your way, what if they don't? Also, nowhere does it say Gary has to accept the terms of arbitration. I think your fab-7 are gambling with your career. I still can't get over that, your MEC hijacked this thing. I thought unions were supposed to be UNIONS (as in united). 7 pilots decided that the other 1693 opinions and votes were useless. If the fab 7 did not like what they saw then don't recommend it, BUT SEND IT OUT FOR A VOTE, with an explanation as to why each and every single one of those 7 individuals did not recommend it. Also, that would allow the other 1693 pilots to educate themselves and vote on their OWN futures. Since when did ALPA become a dictatorship?

The way I see it is as follows, you guys are renting from a crappy landlord, he agrees to sell the house you live in to a new landlord. The new landlord has big plans, but agrees to let you stay in the house until you can move to a much better property down the street. He is even willing to cover the moving costs, but somehow the tenants (ALPA AT) start demanding things from the new landlord. Next thing you know, the tenant is demanding to be moved to a better location, all expenses covered and sleep in the bedroom of the tenant down the street ( SWAPA), and they can sleep somewhere else. ALPA wants the bed in the master bedroom and nothing less. There comes a point when the new landlord goes, the hell with this tenant. I own this house not them. That's where we are at, SWPA is just another tenant down the street. Right now this is between you and the landlord. So even if he lets you guys move in, how badly is the well poisoned? We shall see.

Last edited:
what if you guys get a worse deal in Arby? You know that arbitrators don't have anything to do with money. So what if AAI walks out of there with SL9 type of seniority,or worse (plus or minus a few), and no $$$? Then what? You guys are convinced the arbitrators will see it your way, what if they don't? Also, nowhere does it say Gary has to accept the terms of arbitration. I think your fab-7 are gambling with your career. I still can't get over that, your MEC hijacked this thing. I thought unions were supposed to be UNIONS (as in united). 7 pilots decided that the other 1693 opinions and votes were useless. If the fab 7 did not like what they saw then don't recommend it, BUT SEND IT OUT FOR A VOTE, with an explanation as to why each and every single one of those 7 individuals did not recommend it. Also, that would allow the other 1693 pilots to educate themselves and vote on their OWN futures. Since when did ALPA become a dictatorship?

I don't see how an arbitrator can come up with a list that is any worse but if they do, we accept the decision and move on. I agree with you, the members had a right to vote. However, it doesn't matter, Gary already stated for some strange reason other than to instill fear, SL-9 is in the trash.

Last edited:
Gary does have something to fear, and it has nothing to do with arbitration. He is scared ALPA (along with your vocal minority), might poison the well. This is reguardless of how arbitration ends up. I think if this had been sent to a vote and you guys turned it down then his tone would be different. The fact that ALPA $hi% canned this thing without member input (all of you), has him worried. It worries him beyond arbitration, I think he might have realized that your minority might be strong enough to poison the well beyond his expectations.

Latest resources

Back