Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DOH is a pipe dream -
Your chance to negotiate has passed-
SL9 is the best you'd have got- bow it'll be something else- but negotiating online with people who don't matter is pointless.

Now the sw side will say you are getting a pay raise, huh? As a junior airtran capt they would make more than a sw fo would.

Ben,

What are you smoking dude? If you would have taken that deal, you would have made 10/hr MORE than the junior AAI CA rates. I'm not sure if you even looked at how we get paid.

On top of that, better medical with less out of pocket, better retirement, better treatment. But that's all behind us. The deal is gone.

So as an AAI FO, after upgrading you would have made less money and been on airport reserve, and still been hammered by the lovely AAI management team. You guys don't get it.

RF

They are on the GK pain train. Shocked? We only have been warning them for months and months.. "Fork in the road" moment.

ahh once again its all about money with the sw guys. Not a mention of the whole sale seniority grab. just a focus on the money again. If you look at the at capt rates it exceeds the sw fo rates rather quickly. Also at's 11%" contribution B fund is a little better than sw 9.3%"matching contribution" I know there is also a profit sharing plan. But it isn't guaranteed . How can anyone say that going from a 5 month upgrade to a 15 year upgrade is fair? .........cricketts chirping..................................

Ben,

You guys were making 79/hr as an FO before SW stepped in. That's not even comparible to Regional Captain rates. Are you kidding me?

No crickets. I would be more than happy for you to stay at those payrates and get your 11% off those payrates forever. You do know how that works right? The more you make per year, the 9.3% is MORE money in the end.

I haven't been here very long, but I topped out my 401k in June...16,500. And I continue to get the 9.3 match the rest of the year.

If it's all about seniority for you (and not money), I would expect you would have always been a career AAI FO, and that's cool. To each their own.

This whole SLI is on the same coarse as the Titantic. Good Luck.

RF

They are on the GK pain train. Shocked?

I am shocked. Maybe I'm naive. These guys are still saying they want it all after Gary throws out a letter stating how this could all change quickly. ALPA follows with a letter that states all is good. Ahhh, okay.

I'm ready to look at all available options. This is crazy.

They are on the GK pain train. Shocked? We only have been warning them for months and months.. "Fork in the road" moment.

I disagree, you guys are going to have to man up and find a way to say no to Dad after the arbitrators ruling.

Gary signed, so you guys can whine!

Eric,

Flying the line at SW is awesome. Everyone is cool and we all pull on the rope in the same direction. I haven't seen this type of work ethic anywhere. That's part of why everyone is so protective of it. I don't mean that as flame, just trying to explain the day to day here.

RF

Will it ever be like that in the future? How about you and your group go "mull around" at management headquarters and jump up and down, hoping that will gain something? Arbitrators don't care if you do that, ya know... The way your group acts now is how you will be judged in the future. Fair is fair, and that doesn't mean 1 for 1, it means not the bottom 60% in your bottom 20%. That really is pushing it, and most would agree to that, maybe arbitrators too.

OYS

Last edited:
DOH is a pipe dream -
Your chance to negotiate has passed-
SL9 is the best you'd have got- bow it'll be something else- but negotiating online with people who don't matter is pointless.

DOH is your nightmare, Wave. I can see the veins popping in your forehead with the mention of it. Go back to your high brow long winded quoting of Machiavelli's "The Prince" and re-read Chapter 18.

Hint: it's about keeping your word after signing an agreement.

Latest resources

Back