• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good bye SL9 Greed- no sir.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And lock you into Tranny scale for the rest of your time at SWA which you were earning on Sept 26, 2010. You then get any percentage raises that RSW pilots get. You keep your retirement match and RSW keep theirs.

Other details will need to be resolved but this is the bulk of the deal.

Its not about money so this sounds fair. Right?

Alright now. So lets go kick some a$$.

It's fair as long as we only have to fly with AirTran guys.

Why? Because an Airtran Captain wouldn't want to fly with an FO making more than them?

No, because some of you sound like d!cks to fly with. We don't have stupid terms like "Check FO" and "Kernal", everybody pretty much gets along and has a good time.

Eric,

Flying the line at SW is awesome. Everyone is cool and we all pull on the rope in the same direction. I haven't seen this type of work ethic anywhere. That's part of why everyone is so protective of it. I don't mean that as flame, just trying to explain the day to day here.

RF

Eric,

Flying the line at SW is awesome. Everyone is cool and we all pull on the rope in the same direction. I haven't seen this type of work ethic anywhere. That's part of why everyone is so protective of it. I don't mean that as flame, just trying to explain the day to day here.

RF

Yes bud< I am positive it awesome and I look forward to flying with all of you. That last comment was directed at 1 individuall poster only. Now back to the silent majority, golf , beer and the lake and other more important things, Cheers

The sli would allow every single sw fo to upgrade prior to any airtran fo. So if an airtran pilot was able to hold a capt. slot or perhaps a few months away from upgrade, he now was realistically looking at 12 to 15 years to upgrade. How is this fair? Most people would look at this as an extreme seniority grab.Now the sw side will say you are getting a pay raise, huh? As a junior airtran capt they would make more than a sw fo would, so where is the big windfall again? There wasn't one, only a loss of seniority that would take a decade and a half to recover. Airtran was actively taking on new growth aircraft every couple of months. Approx. 50 new dilivery scheduled over the next few years. SW has stopped airtran diliveries and instead have taken them for themselves so the sw pilots are now benefitting from the merger at the airtran pilots expense. The airtran pilots are looking to be treated fairly and equitably not a whole sale loss of seniority. After all, airtran brings its own planes, slots, cities, and a multi million dollar profitable airline not in bankruptsy or even close to it to the party.

Latest resources

Back