• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GoJet... Will it ruin my career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot of their pilots are mainline furloughees (specifically UAL), or came from defunct alpa carriers like ACA or Comair. Why should they scrape their stickers off? Stuff like this is what makes regional pilots look like amateurs. Grow up "son".

Actually "some" of them are as you described. MOST are not. Quite a few little girls who got daddy to pay for bill 'n ted's flight skool with the shiny jet transition package.

If you have "sweet hookups", ask them since they will be your sponsor/reference. You would be surprised at what the FDX guys know. I was informed of go jets hiring street captains before I knew about it myself. The text was "blowjets is hiring street CA's, don't even think about it"... And the guy literally made me. Feel free to do the math since I haven't even applied.
Tell that to 5-10+ year RJ FOs who can't even get a whiff from fedex because they have zero TPIC. If GoJets is hiring street captains, then so be it. You can either stay at 9E and get downgraded, displaced, and/or furloughed, or you can take the jump to an airline that is growing. Again, GoJets had a bad start but only because the TSA MEC tried to fight with zero leverage. They gambled and lost, now, 7 years later, no one except TSA pilots really care anymore about GoJets. GoJets started only because ALPA TSA failed. When you call out management, you better have some leverage. Theydidnt and lost. No pilot today should avoid GoJets because the TSA MEC failed years ago. Get in, get your time, and get out. Gojet pilots have been hired at Fedex, SWA, US Air, VA, Spirit. Airline HRs don't care about regional bickerings.

Kinda like pooping in your pants. Even if no one smells your mistake, well, you know what you did.

If Pinnacle hasn't ruined your life, Go-Jet probably won't either-though it will probably suck even worse. And just where the heck do you think you'll go with the PIC time you think you'll get there?

Scabbing at Continental in 83 didnt ruin anybody's life, maybe aggravated for a while, but in 10 short years, all forgiven...so do as you must..

It should, but it won't.

Latest resources

Back