GoJet... Will it ruin my career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cptn2b

Before you spikey haired flame bait freaks have a field day just hear me out. I am getting downgraded at 9e with only a few hundred hours PIC turbine. I do not see an upgrade in sight again here so I am thinking about jumping ship and getting the rest of my PIC time over at everyone's favorite punching bag.... GoJetsssss. I have not directly heard about anyone whose reputation was tarnished bad enough to keep them from being hired on with a major so far. So here is my question.
1. Anyone know of someone who can trace not being hired at a major to being employed by GoJet?
2. Are there many people from GoJet leaving for majors?
3. What would be an estimated upgrade time if I got hired on after the first of the year (I have plenty of time to meet their minimums).

Once again please withhold your childish comments. I am just trying to look out for my own career path here. And no, I don't give a crap if you deny me for "your" Jumpseat Mr. Cool captain dude. Even though I probably made you feel more than welcome on the Jumpseat over at 9e.

No it won't. Only PO'ed regional pilots will tell you otherwise. Major airline HRs don't care what regional you're coming from as long as you are qualified and competitive. And most major airline pilots don't keep up with the regional airline bickering. Plenty of GoJet pilots have moved onto majors. The only chance you could get screwed is if a TSA pilot makes it to a major hiring board, but that will be ages away.

Go ahead and apply, don't let people tell you otherwise. They're bitter and angry, but the big boys don't care about regional VS regional battles.

Last edited:
Agreed, with the coming pilot hiring boom it will not matter where you got your flight time.

Before you spikey haired flame bait freaks have a field day just hear me out. I am getting downgraded at 9e with only a few hundred hours PIC turbine. I do not see an upgrade in sight again here so I am thinking about jumping ship and getting the rest of my PIC time over at everyone's favorite punching bag.... GoJetsssss. I have not directly heard about anyone whose reputation was tarnished bad enough to keep them from being hired on with a major so far. So here is my question.
1. Anyone know of someone who can trace not being hired at a major to being employed by GoJet?
2. Are there many people from GoJet leaving for majors?
3. What would be an estimated upgrade time if I got hired on after the first of the year (I have plenty of time to meet their minimums).

Once again please withhold your childish comments. I am just trying to look out for my own career path here. And no, I don't give a crap if you deny me for "your" Jumpseat Mr. Cool captain dude. Even though I probably made you feel more than welcome on the Jumpseat over at 9e.

Don't they hire direct entry CA?

It's not about bad reputation or anything, its their operation and work rules! They suck! If you think Pinnacle was bad, GJ should be fun for you! But hey, its all about getting that TPIC time and move on, right? Not sure why everyone thinks as soon as they hit 1000 TPIC all the majors will come knock on your door and hire you!

No it won't. Only PO'ed regional pilots will tell you otherwise. Major airline HRs don't care what regional you're coming from as long as you are qualified and competitive. And most major airline pilots don't keep up with the regional airline bickering. Plenty of GoJet pilots have moved onto majors. The only chance you could get screwed is if a TSA pilot makes it to a major hiring board, but that will be ages away.

Go ahead and apply, don't let people tell you otherwise. They're bitter and angry, but the big boys don't care about regional VS regional battles.

Agree

just get the 1000 pic and the brinks truck backs right up to your door and all of a sudden women in bikinis are sucking your toes . I just ate a gold dipped strawberry. its a thousand bucks but what do i care. Even if gojets steals babies and melts them down for jet fuel its worth it . just get them hours.

I mean where's home for you?? If you going to move sideways you can try also a step up!!
Spirit Airlines mins:
4,000TT fixed wing, 1000ME, and ATP

Like I said I don't know your specifics but we got FOs running over there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back