• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GoJet... Will it ruin my career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes. If GoJets pilots are ever on hiring boards at majors express jet, mesaba, and tsa pilots will have a hard time getting past!
And if an eagle pilot is ever on a hiring board tsa pilots will have a hard time getting by.

See how stupid you all sound!

Ask Sanjay if it ruins your career.

Sanjay reached the "top" of his career when he was hired by TSA. He just caught a break when Hulie decided to start GoJet. Jumped ship and got good seniority.

Make the move.

Get the PIC time, but please invest while you do so. In what?

Your fellow aviators; seek an instructor/line check airman/Asst chief position and do a good job in whatever you land. That will get the attention of any hiring board. It will make a huge difference for you as a person.

I'm not selling myself short. I need 600 hours PIC turbine and I will have an interview where I want to go. Going overseas would make me unable to be hired at my goal airline.

Any idea how long one would have to wait for a captain seat at GoJet?

Somebody wants FDX....

If you have "sweet hookups", ask them since they will be your sponsor/reference. You would be surprised at what the FDX guys know. I was informed of go jets hiring street captains before I knew about it myself. The text was "blowjets is hiring street CA's, don't even think about it"... And the guy literally made me. Feel free to do the math since I haven't even applied.

Whats really funny is a bunch of regional pilots speculating on what a Major Airline hiring board will think about so and so...

Thats almost as funny as a pilot saying "if I was on the hiring board at DL,CO,AA,FDX............" when in reality the pilot saying that is still stuck at the regional trying to get on with the same companies as the guys with Gojets on their resumes...

HR people have no clue what goes on in pilot worlds (concerning undercutting carriers)...They look at a resume (or the computer does), pull out the people who meet certain requirements, and invite them in for an interview.. Then the same HR people do most of the interviewing, along with a pilot or two.

If that interviewee is a fit/interviews well, they get hired..... Some very cool people have worked at every regional carrier, whether they were a bottom feeder or a bit farther up the cest pool. Theres lots of Mesa guys at every Legacy carrier. And we all know the lack of respect they have always received...

Nothing like seeing a GoJet pilot with a bunch of ALPA stickers on his flight bag.

At least TRY to scrape it off before class son.

Latest resources

Back