GoJet... Will it ruin my career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking honestly as a FedEx pilot:
Very few people here know the difference between Skywest/Comair/GoJets/Transstates/Mesa/Freedom/Mesaba/Pinnacle/Compass/GreatLakes/AirWisc/UFS (hah!)/ACA etc so no one here will give a **** what regional you worked at.

Obviously I can't speak for the kinds of people on the hiring board at UAL/DAL/AA/SWA/etc but I would venture to guess having GoJets on your previous work experience list won't matter.

Now, like other guys said, is working there going to be a good experience for you...

I feel like the last five years of my life was wasted.

Wait.. You're not 64, your pension wasn't stolen, and the stock market didnt crash while you had $3m in construction companies on the line.

You only fly little planes, thats so easy dude.

You didn't even have to sell your other boat!

Quit whining. :beer:

GOJETZZZZZZZZZZZ ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLS

Last edited:
Odds are good that interviewers won't know the difference. The HR types wouldn't care...as office rats themselves, back-stabbing your coworkers would seem perfectly natural to them. Senior captains or ex-military types may very well not know...but that doesn't mean they wouldn't care if they did know.

However...if an ex-TSA (or mesa from the freedumb era) pilot ends up involved in your hiring, you are probably screwed. I have both freedom A and gojet lists, you would not want me to making decisions about your future. Also I've personally educated at least 20 reserve naval aviators/major airline pilots about the likes of freedumb and gojet...who knows, maybe you'll run into one of them.

Actually I think anyone who's really in the know would only hold gojet-ing against those who came in near the beginning...my list is old and I haven't heard of a new one. At this point, new gojet-ers are just bottom feeders as opposed to alter-egos or scabs.

I like how regional guys forget that at some point, their own airline took flying from another regional airline. But that's okay. Because todays scapegoat is GoJetsssss. *Rolls eyes*

TSA pilots should blame their own MEC union for the failures of negotiations with TSA management. Remember, when you call someone out and stand on a house of cards, be ready to be called out and have that house crumble. And that's exactly what happened. You negotiate with leverage, and without any leverage, you've got nothing! So you attempted to call out management, they worked around your already weak scope, and now you're gonna take it out on Gojets guys in the future if you make it to a hiring board? Sounds pitiful, get over it. Your union gambled and you lost.

Before you spikey haired flame bait freaks have a field day just hear me out. I am getting downgraded at 9e with only a few hundred hours PIC turbine. I do not see an upgrade in sight again here so I am thinking about jumping ship and getting the rest of my PIC time over at everyone's favorite punching bag.... GoJetsssss. I have not directly heard about anyone whose reputation was tarnished bad enough to keep them from being hired on with a major so far. So here is my question.
1. Anyone know of someone who can trace not being hired at a major to being employed by GoJet?
2. Are there many people from GoJet leaving for majors?
3. What would be an estimated upgrade time if I got hired on after the first of the year (I have plenty of time to meet their minimums).

Once again please withhold your childish comments. I am just trying to look out for my own career path here. And no, I don't give a crap if you deny me for "your" Jumpseat Mr. Cool captain dude. Even though I probably made you feel more than welcome on the Jumpseat over at 9e.

Hence why you would make a great GoJet pilot. Good For you. And let me ask, why you are getting downgraded. It is because of fellows like yourself that only looks out for your own career path.

You my friend have just completed the circle of a regional pilot. AND yes, you better live in domicile because comuting on other regionals will be an issue. Will it be an issue getting hired at a majors. Probably not, but I would hope there is a former regional guy on the hiring panel.

I like how regional guys forget that at some point, their own airline took flying from another regional airline. But that's okay. Because todays scapegoat is GoJetsssss. *Rolls eyes*

TSA pilots should blame their own MEC union for the failures of negotiations with TSA management. Remember, when you call someone out and stand on a house of cards, be ready to be called out and have that house crumble. And that's exactly what happened. You negotiate with leverage, and without any leverage, you've got nothing! So you attempted to call out management, they worked around your already weak scope, and now you're gonna take it out on Gojets guys in the future if you make it to a hiring board? Sounds pitiful, get over it. Your union gambled and you lost.

This (and some filler so it will post)

No flame bait here but doesn't GoJets have some grudges against XJ? I don't know if it's still the case but when I was at XJ, GoJets pilots were prohibited from jumpseating on Mesaba. It was actually written into the FOM. I never once had a GoJets pilot attempt to jumpseat. It seems like XJers would have a tough time getting on with GoJets due to some past history regarding the jumpseat issue.

Latest resources

Back